Release schedule of 1.9.5

Jacobjob Koster

Oct 8, 2010, 10:27:40 AM10/8/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if some of you are going to fix issues that really needs
to go into MMBase 1.9.5, because it is a good idea to release 1.9.5 soonish.
On 1.9.5 there are currently 12 issues resolved.
A bugfix release every few months is generally a good idea, say every 3
or 4 months. The 1.9.4 release was from 29 July.

Any thoughts and opinions?

If there are no complaints, Michiel, would you like to release 1.9.5
next week or so?

Thanks,
Jacobjob

Michiel Meeuwissen

Oct 11, 2010, 4:08:42 AM10/11/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
2010/10/8 Jacobjob Koster <jaco...@finalist.com>:

> If there are no complaints, Michiel, would you like to release 1.9.5 next
> week or so?

That's ok.

Michiel

--
mihxil'  http://meeuw.org
nl_NL eo_XX en_US

André van Toly

Oct 11, 2010, 4:26:02 AM10/11/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com

OK. But I think there is maybe one particular issue uploading files with a Dutch IE 8 that needs some testing or (even still) fixing http://www.mmbase.org/jira/browse/MMB-1987 before we release 1.9.5. Anyone at Finalist running IE 8 in Dutch?

---André

--
André van Toly
MMBase development & Userfriendly webdesign

W: http://www.toly.nl
M: +31(0)627233562
------------------------------------------------------------------~~<<>>~~

Jacobjob Koster

Oct 11, 2010, 5:07:20 AM10/11/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com

> OK. But I think there is maybe one particular issue uploading files with a Dutch IE 8 that needs some testing or (even still) fixing http://www.mmbase.org/jira/browse/MMB-1987 before we release 1.9.5. Anyone at Finalist running IE 8 in Dutch?

I've put a MMBase build 1.9 of 6 October live at
http://test.cmscontainer.org/cmsc-v18/mmbase/
for testing purposes. You can login with admin/admin2k.

Cheers,
Jacobjob

André van Toly

Oct 16, 2010, 4:12:26 AM10/16/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com

I see that uploading images in my English version of MSIE 8 works, but I believe this issue still has not been confirmed as being fixed, is it? It's the only issue left open before releasing 1.8.5.

---André

> Cheers,
> Jacobjob
>
> --

André van Toly
web http://www.toly.nl mobile +31(0)627233562
irc irc://irc.slashnet.org/#mmbase
----------------------------------------------------------------~~<<>>~~

Jacobjob Koster

Oct 18, 2010, 11:19:20 AM10/18/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com

> I see that uploading images in my English version of MSIE 8 works, but I believe this issue still has not been confirmed as being fixed, is it? It's the only issue left open before releasing 1.9.5.
>
> ---Andr�

Since Michiel fixed my critical issue MMB-1990, I see no arguments why
we should not release 1.9.5. :-)

Anyone?

Jacobjob

André van Toly

Oct 19, 2010, 5:00:45 AM10/19/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Op 18 okt 2010, om 17:19 heeft Jacobjob Koster het volgende geschreven:
>> I see that uploading images in my English version of MSIE 8 works, but I believe this issue still has not been confirmed as being fixed, is it? It's the only issue left open before releasing 1.9.5.
>>
>> ---André

> Since Michiel fixed my critical issue MMB-1990, I see no arguments why we should not release 1.9.5. :-)
>
> Anyone?

Maybe Robin and Aschwin need take a last look whether their issue http://www.mmbase.org/jira/browse/MMB-1987 is fixed or comment their findings?

Jacobjob Koster

Oct 21, 2010, 9:04:18 AM10/21/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com

> Maybe Robin and Aschwin need take a last look whether their issue http://www.mmbase.org/jira/browse/MMB-1987 is fixed or comment their findings?
>
> ---Andr�

Since they are not responding and he has reported the issue as fixed at
the CMSc-test env.: shall we continue?
Michiel, would you like to create the release, or are you or Andr�
facing troubles?

Jacobjob

André van Toly

Oct 21, 2010, 9:50:37 AM10/21/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Op 21 okt 2010, om 15:04 heeft Jacobjob Koster het volgende geschreven:
>> Maybe Robin and Aschwin need take a last look whether their issue http://www.mmbase.org/jira/browse/MMB-1987 is fixed or comment their findings?
>>
>> ---André

> Since they are not responding and he has reported the issue as fixed at the CMSc-test env.: shall we continue?
> Michiel, would you like to create the release, or are you or André facing troubles?

No, please proceed. By the way: a quick README about how to make a release can be found at: http://scm.mmbase.org/view/mmbase/branches/MMBase-1_9/how_to_make_a_release.txt?view=markup

Michiel Meeuwissen

Oct 21, 2010, 10:47:29 AM10/21/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
2010/10/21 Jacobjob Koster <jaco...@finalist.com>:
> Michiel, would you like to create the release, or are you or André facing
> troubles?

I'll make one tomorrow or in the weekend.

Jacobjob Koster

Oct 21, 2010, 10:48:16 AM10/21/10
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
On 21-10-2010 16:47, Michiel Meeuwissen wrote:
> I'll make one tomorrow or in the weekend.

Cool, thanks!
Jacobjob