Automatically loading a video collection into the Open Images Platform

Martijn Rentmeester

Mar 11, 2014, 4:38:33 PM3/11/14
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
I want to know if it is possible to automatically load a video collection into the Open Images Platform. And if it is currently not possible, which functions/files I can use to write some code to make it work.

The following points will be discussed below:
1. What is my current situation?
2. What do I want to achieve?
3. My system

1. What is my current situation?
I have a runnable version of the Open Images Platform v1.2.

Qua data I have two things:
- One xml-file containing metadata for 2544 videos
- 2544 video files

I retrieved the metadata from Open Images using the API (http://openbeelden.nl/api/). I use the oai_oi set. In this metadata are for example the title, the subject and publisher of a video. It also contains oi:medium containing the links to the video files. It is possible writing a simple script to retrieve over 2500+ video files using the links in oi:medium.

2. What do I want to achieve?
Instead of manually adding all videos and their metadata via the platform, I want to automatically load all 2544 videos, including their metadata, in the platform, so that it will look likeopenbeelden.nl. I already found the data/files/ map containing the video files and the mediafragment table in the database containing the metadata. But when I manually add a video file and its metadata I see in the log-files that there is far more happening.

3. My system
I develop on a Windows 7 (64-bit) machine in Eclipse EE Kepler, using JDK6 and have a runnable version of Open Images Platform v1.2 checked out from https://scm.mmbase.org/openimages/trunk/