Max upload ?

André van Toly

May 27, 2011, 8:34:49 AM5/27/11
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Anyone a clue what the maximum upload capacity is using MMBase resources upload tools on Tomcat 6 ?

---André

--
André van Toly
Web development & userfriendly design

W: http://www.toly.nl
M: +31(0)627233562
------------------------------------------------------------------~~<<>>~~

Michiel Meeuwissen

May 27, 2011, 11:03:51 AM5/27/11
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
2011/5/27 André van Toly <an...@toly.nl>:

> Anyone a clue what the maximum upload capacity is using MMBase resources upload tools on Tomcat 6 ?

It is not exactly clear to me what are those 'resources upload tools'.
I think normally an upload happens through commons fileupload
which on default does not restrict it. Editwizards provide a separate
limit. Also the datatypes would do that (which may e.g. on default be
Integer.MAX_VALUE or even Long.MAX_VALUE bytes or so). If the upload
ends up in the database, also the database may restrict it.

Michiel

--
mihxil'  http://meeuw.org
nl_NL eo_XX en_US

André van Toly

May 27, 2011, 12:03:57 PM5/27/11
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com

In Open Images media is uploaded with commons fileupload to it's file system. If commons has no restrictions, I believe it has to be a server configuration issue.

Kees Jongenburger

May 27, 2011, 12:07:33 PM5/27/11
to mmbase-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM, André van Toly <an...@toly.nl> wrote:
>> It is not exactly clear to me what are those 'resources upload tools'.
>> I think normally an upload happens through commons fileupload
>> which on default does not restrict it. Editwizards provide a separate
>> limit. Also the datatypes would do that (which may e.g. on default be
>> Integer.MAX_VALUE or even Long.MAX_VALUE bytes or so). If the upload
>> ends up in the database, also the database may restrict it.
>
> In Open Images media is uploaded with commons fileupload to it's file system. If commons has no restrictions, I believe it has to be a server configuration issue.

Sometimes It can be free space on /tmp that is limiting.

Greetings