Incorrect Number of Features from SFS?

tdmtrader

Sep 1, 2017, 2:24:29 PM9/1/17
to mlxtend
Hey all,

I'm using the SFS with backward non-floating feature selection. I tried setting k_features to (1,5), but after fitting the SFS, k_feature_idx_ had 11 features in it. I'm still trying to pinpoint why, but am I misunderstanding anything obvious about how this functions?

-Thomas

Sebastian Raschka

Sep 1, 2017, 2:28:07 PM9/1/17
to tdmtrader, mlxtend
Hi, Thomas,

thanks for the note! This was indeed a bug but it is already fixed in the current dev version (https://github.com/rasbt/mlxtend/blob/master/docs/sources/CHANGELOG.md). I should make a new release version soon, but for now, you can install it via

pip install git+git://github.com/rasbt/mlxtend.git

Best,
Sebastian

tdmtrader

Sep 1, 2017, 2:30:44 PM9/1/17
to mlxtend, eocth...@gmail.com
Whoops, can't believe I missed that. Thanks for pointing me in the right directions. I'm loving the package by the way--great work.

-T