use more cores than I set for the job when I use mlxtend for feature selection on a cluster

王晓康

Feb 3, 2020, 1:01:00 PM2/3/20
to mlxtend
I was doing feature selection using mlxtend. When I run it on my local computer, it is fine. However, when I run on a cluster, the administrator of the cluster informed me that my job was using more cores than the number of cores I requested for the job.  So I was thinking whether there is a way to set how many cores used by mlxtend.

Sebastian Raschka

Feb 3, 2020, 1:17:42 PM2/3/20
to 王晓康, mlxtend
Hi there,

this could be either a bug in joblib or you didn't specify the number of jobs. I assume you were using SequentialFeatureSelector?

You could try setting n_jobs to a certain integer rather than n_jobs=-1.

Best,
Sebastian