Using GIS Technology for mapping

george

Apr 15, 2011, 2:57:28 PM4/15/11
to ഭൂപടനിർമ്മാണം - മലയാളം വിക്കിപീഡിയ
Hello,

I recommend the use of GIS technology for mapping.

Regards

Rajesh K

Apr 15, 2011, 10:33:57 PM4/15/11
to mlwik...@googlegroups.com, george
Hi George,
How can I use GIS Technology for Mapping? What are the Software using for creating MAPs, Do we need any special device for this? I am not familiar with the concept of GIS. Can you explain a little more..

Regards...
Rajesh K
Mobile:+91 - 7829333365 (Bangalore), +91 - 9947810020 (Kerala)

Naveen Francis

Apr 16, 2011, 1:15:32 AM4/16/11
to mlwik...@googlegroups.com, george

Naveen Francis

Apr 16, 2011, 5:48:18 AM4/16/11
to mlwik...@googlegroups.com, george

Rajesh K

Apr 16, 2011, 6:36:05 AM4/16/11
to mlwik...@googlegroups.com, Naveen Francis, george
ok will check those links later, now am in my native, due to slow net connection the links u given me is not working. I will check it once I will reach to bangalore on monday. thanks :)

Regards...
Rajesh K
Mobile:+91 - 7829333365 (Bangalore), +91 - 9947810020 (Kerala)

george

Apr 16, 2011, 7:16:09 AM4/16/11
to ഭൂപടനിർമ്മാണം - മലയാളം വിക്കിപീഡിയ
Ofcourse the govt has the data. The govt organizations like Kerala
State Remote Sensing Centre, Centre for Earth Science Studies etc have
prepared highly detailed maps mostly using GIS technology but the data
is not available to general public, other than through some links
mentioned above, which you can view but not download. This data is no
better than that already available through google maps.