Active Directory

Inaz

May 10, 2011, 12:51:31 PM5/10/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
hi Guys,
I'm trying to get my office switch over to Ubuntu (atleast start with the desktops).. here are the problems I am facing and I'd like some help, if you can .. pls.

- The mail system is on MS Exchange. (this cant be changed.. for now)
- Email from within office can be used if I am logged into the active directory system.. otherwise I have to use the mail web interface

How can I connect the Ubuntu box to the active directory? I tried Likewise-open .. unsuccessfully so far..

thanks in advance..

Inaz

shu...@gmail.com

May 10, 2011, 1:17:32 PM5/10/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi

sudo apt-get install evolution-mapi

Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

--
Maldives Open Source Society (MOSS)

V Shah

May 11, 2011, 1:24:09 AM5/11/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
yup. Evolution it is. I have been using it with Microsoft Exchange server without any issues.

Inaz

May 11, 2011, 4:46:12 AM5/11/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
mapi still doesnt support Exchange 5.5 (2007) i guess?

shu...@gmail.com

May 11, 2011, 9:17:42 AM5/11/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Nope, it fully support upto Exchange 2010 but with a bit of hacking!

For the brave ones try this:
http://www.jones.ec/blogs/a/entry/evolution_evolution_mapi_and_exchange

Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

Inaz

May 11, 2011, 9:49:57 AM5/11/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
braves ones u say!. challenges with those words should not be left unattempted by any man ;) .. will report back tomorrow morning

Ibrahim Sobah

May 12, 2011, 1:38:12 AM5/12/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Inaz,
I prefer Mozilla Thunderbird. Below are some useful resources that might help you to get it done.
How to: Thunderbird & MS Exchange Server
Setting up Mozilla Thunderbird to work with MS Exchange Server

How to configure email clients for Exchange Mailbox
How to Connect to an Exchange Mailbox by Using POP3 or IMAP4

Hope it helps.
Salaam,
Ibrahim Sobah