Introducing digiKam to Maldivian Photographers Association!

Malikdhadha

Mar 29, 2011, 4:41:45 PM3/29/11
to Maldivian Linux User Group
Had a meeting a few hours ago with vice president of MPA ( Maldivian
Photographers Association) and they have agreed to host a "talk" or a
seminar about introducing digiKam to MPA and i have agreed to host it
and introduce the software to them.

The tentative date for the talk is 14th April 2011 & one of the
tentative venues. Social Centre, FMC auditorium, Faculty of Education
Auditorium..etc....a venue is yet to be finalised.

Here is what i have in mind..

1. Highlight the difference between commercial software and open-
source software, explain the key differences. I believe this is
important since most of the people who will be attending have no idea
about these differences and the majority of them pirated software.

2. Then introduce digiKam....i plan to divide it into 3 parts

------- Organising your collection ( albums, tags, captions,
geocoding, filtering etc.)
-------- Editing & Creating ( explaining the editing features which
are available in digiKam
-------- Sharing & Publishing ( using the publishing options in
digiKam)

The duration of the talk could be 1 and half hours to 2 hours.

The MPA would be organising and promoting the event and will be
inviting...photographers, studios and enthusiastics for the event.

Any help & suggestions are more than welcome.

Ahmed Ibrahim

Mar 30, 2011, 12:43:15 AM3/30/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Good initiative

--
Maldives Open Source Society (MOSS)

V Shah

Mar 30, 2011, 1:02:10 AM3/30/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Props to Malik for this initiative. We need to collaborate with more NGO's like this. I will contribute and help in this project.

Regards,

Vishah

shu...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2011, 6:37:29 PM3/30/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi

If you need some GIMPing in the presentation I can help!

Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

Jaau

Mar 30, 2011, 10:18:25 PM3/30/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Shunan tht would be gud.I have to check on the time and its next month 14th
Regards
Jaau

Malikdhadha

Mar 31, 2011, 4:34:17 AM3/31/11
to Maldivian Linux User Group
Gimp would be a good idea but however i have a few concerns, most of
the people in MPA would need and they look for 16bit color support and
CKMY color profiles which are not available in Gimp....

Shunan if you are familiar with Krita it would be a great idea, since
krita have those features!

Mohamed Shaafiee

Mar 31, 2011, 7:04:24 AM3/31/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/separate.shtml

(Shunan, will call you during the weekend)