Reminder About General Assembly

Malikdhadha

Jun 15, 2011, 5:51:16 AM6/15/11
to Maldivian Linux User Group
It has come to my attention that last year the general assembly was
held on June 8th 2010. And the duration for the current steering
commitee is over!

Therefore time is here to make a decision about the future of MOSS.
Whether will be continue as an NGO or not. This is a REMINDER about
this issue to all MOSS members!

Ibrahim Sobah

Jun 15, 2011, 9:05:19 AM6/15/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Malik,

Glad that you raised the issue here.

I think MOSS should go on but with a new team!

Is there anybody who would like to initiate the tasks of AGM?

Salaam,
Ibrahim Sobah

Adam Fathuhy

Jun 18, 2011, 8:55:48 AM6/18/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Lets do it. I am in.

--
Maldives Open Source Society (MOSS)

Naail Abdul Rahman

Jun 19, 2011, 12:04:49 PM6/19/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Gentlemen!

Please update the mailing list regularly on the progress. Would greatly appreciate updates...

V Shah

Jun 19, 2011, 12:37:46 PM6/19/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Meeting to discuss GA tommorow ( 19/06/2011 ) at Lilys.
Time: 18:00 hrs .

Naail Abdul Rahman

Jun 19, 2011, 12:39:21 PM6/19/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
vishah, do you mean the 20th?
..19th would be today.

V Shah

Jun 19, 2011, 12:44:59 PM6/19/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
oops. Yes. 20th June.
Fixed:

Meeting to discuss GA tommorow ( 20/06/2011 ) at Lilys.
Time: 18:00 hrs .

shu...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2011, 3:06:12 PM6/19/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
MOSS was officially registered on 14th of July 2009 and we are approaching our 2nd Birthday!

Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

"If today were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you are about to do?"

i h s a n

Jun 21, 2011, 6:38:20 AM6/21/11
to Maldivian Linux User Group
Just a few words to keep everyone updated on how the meeting to
discuss GA went.

Attendees (In sitting order, clockwise from me): Shunan, PH, Inn,
Awwaam, Akthar, Soba, Daadi, Chopey, Sharaah, Thoha, Malik, Adam,
Ihsan.

It was decided that the GA would be held on 30th June (Thursday).
Another meeting to kick-start the GA preperations will be held
Thursday night (23nd June), and anyone who wants to contribute to the
work is invited. During this meeting, we will also be taking a look
back at / reviewing what we have done in the past year.

It was also decided to open up all the committee posts so that anyone
interested can nominate themselves (through this mailing list).
Deadline to submit your names is 28th June 2359hrs. Here are the list
of posts:
1. President
2. Vice President
3. Secretary
4. Treasurer
5. Program Coordinator
6. Public Relations Coordinator

Lots of other matters were also discussed;
- Everyone agreed that we should put more effort (even individually)
into recruiting new members.
- A discussion in the vibe of "Ask not what the Country can do for
you, but what you can do for your Country" (i.e. replacing Country
with MOSS ;)
- Deciding on a broader theme of what MOSS should aim/achieve in the
year ahead. 'Research on IP Laws / OSS impact' was a contender.
- We have a chance for a presentation at FET. It was decided to go
ahead with this.

Of course the above is just a brief of what we talked about. Feel free
to further add to this discussion / open new discussions.

V Shah

Jun 21, 2011, 9:24:04 AM6/21/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
We had a very successful year as per comments received by UNDP survey team, on which they were surveying activities of NGO'S in Maldives.Still I think we need to lessen our focus to one main task to get more results. To gather more members we can focus on holding seminars to Educational institutes to increase awareness on FLOSS, where those who are interested are welcome to join MOSS and participate in events.We can give out a certificate or ID cards( which can include rankings to show level of involvement in MOSS ?) for those who contribute.

Regards,

Vishah

Malikdhadha

Jun 21, 2011, 12:07:36 PM6/21/11
to Maldivian Linux User Group
Correction!!!! The Seminar is supposed to be held in Faculty Of
Education not FET...

We only need to plan it and submit the plan to the Dean of The Faculty
and he will take it from there...

On a more personal note....this seminar will be a very good if we put
more effort since, the future teachers of Maldives will be
attending...if we can let them know the copyright law and its
implication it will be something that they can teach to there students
as well!!

V Shah

Jun 21, 2011, 11:44:07 PM6/21/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
To kickoff the campaign fever, I would like to nominate myself for Vice President.

Regards,

Vishah

shu...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2011, 2:50:09 AM6/22/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

As I see our current environment is both nebulous and challenging, and last years hopes and road signs are no longer valid or need a refresh look. We will need to be very creative, thoughtful and aware to advance our cause right now, and only way we can do it if to be adaptive, rather quickly to this years changing circumstances. So let us all take a ride like a surfer who knows how to ride a wave, fluidity is the keyword to push our cause in the next term.

In the light of that, here I propose in my personal opinion my team who can cope for the MOSS steering committee.

President - PH
Vice President - Daadi
Secretary - Inn
Treasurer - Ihsan (or anyone who volunteer the responsibility)
Program Coordinator - Malik (or anyone who volunteer the responsibility)
Public Relation - Sobah (or anyone who volunteer the responsibility)

Note this is only my personal preference, you are free to differ.

Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

Malikdhadha

Jun 22, 2011, 3:17:26 AM6/22/11
to Maldivian Linux User Group
Hi All.......

I do want to run for any post, however i will not be in Male after
this November, therefore i object to run for any post!

And as far as i am concerned the people who will be running for the
posts must be able to do something for MOSS. In my opinion the GA is
not just for name sake and people are not just elected for the name.
So if you are running for a post make sure you can give time and
contribute. I am with anyone who can give time and contribution!!!

Best Regards

Mohamed Malik

Ahmed Ibrahim

Jun 22, 2011, 6:02:50 AM6/22/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
shouldn't the current steering committee make a report of how things went in their term before their term is over.

i think it is important for documentation sake and also for remembering the lessons that were learnt so that others wouldn't have to learn it again.

V Shah

Jun 22, 2011, 6:25:33 AM6/22/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Yup. Shunan's pick of team is the best. I resign my nomination.

Regards,

Vishah

shu...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2011, 9:22:23 AM6/22/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Ahmed, it is on the agenda, I think.

Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

Malikdhadha

Jun 22, 2011, 9:38:26 AM6/22/11
to Maldivian Linux User Group
After careful consideration i have decided to run to the post of
President!

Hereby i nominate by name to the MOSS presidency!...

Best Regards

Malik

Breez Ismail

Jun 22, 2011, 11:28:53 AM6/22/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
good job Malik.you can do it.
I hope all the members will appreciate you kind and hard work.keep it up.

Malik

shu...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2011, 2:29:47 PM6/22/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Nice to see people are interest in MOSS Steering Committee positions. Find attached the (tentative) responsibilities and duties of the MOSS Steering Committee (which need to be polished and officially accepted in tomorrows meeting).

This is only a draft, but familiarizing yourself with these would give a sense of responsibilities and duties of MOSS Steering Committee that will come in the future.

See you all in the Thursday night MOSS Meeting and Good Luck for those who are running...

Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan
MOSS Steering Committee.odt

jaau

Jun 23, 2011, 12:46:21 AM6/23/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
I support malik and as far as malik leaving in november,I think last time we selected a president even it was for the name sake.well this time even we could do it and malik has been known for is work and dedication.
Regards
Jaau
*no offence intended,and all the information stated or things mentioned is my view.

Inash Zubair

Jun 23, 2011, 7:15:48 AM6/23/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com

AGM preparation meeting tonight 7pm at lily's cafe.

Inash Zubair

Jun 24, 2011, 11:07:12 AM6/24/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com

South beach cafe 2nd floor has been arranged as the venue for the AGM on July 2, 2011 8pm, housing a minimum of 15 people. Tea and short eats will be served.

As for the team preparing the annual report, please update and do prepare a supplement for the AGM. Cheers.

V Shah

Jul 2, 2011, 7:05:22 AM7/2/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
AGM has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances.A date will be informed here at the mailing list. Please check back later.

Regards,

Vishah

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Inash Zubair <inash....@gmail.com> wrote:

South beach cafe 2nd floor has been arranged as the venue for the AGM on July 2, 2011 8pm, housing a minimum of 15 people. Tea and short eats will be served.

As for the team preparing the annual report, please update and do prepare a supplement for the AGM. Cheers.

Malikdhadha

Jul 16, 2011, 6:22:24 AM7/16/11
to Maldivian Linux User Group
Due to many personal reasons....i have decided to withdraw my name
from the post of President...in the upcomming general assembly!!

Best Regards

Mohamed Malik....

shu...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2011, 7:31:37 AM7/16/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Let us meet tomorrow night to discuss the next General Assembly.

Salam
Yusuf Abdulla Shunan

V Shah

Jul 16, 2011, 8:20:20 AM7/16/11
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Time: tomorrow night, July 17th at  9:00pm
Venue:  Lily's cafe.

Regards,

Vishah

Malikdhadha

Jul 16, 2011, 11:41:58 AM7/16/11
to Maldivian Linux User Group
Hi i believe that most of you will want an explanation for my with
drawal...

.... this is my final semester @ MNU...and this month july 24th i have
to begin my final teaching practice, therefore from that day forth i
will be extremely busy until the 15th of september until the teaching
practice ends. Therefore during that time i will be too busy to give
any contribution to MOSS and i will not be able to handle my duties as
a leader. Apart from that, according to my current plans i might not
be available in Male After the Month of October...So once again i will
not be able to contribute or give time..!

Best regards

Mohamed Malik