Pine64

Rick Miles

May 23, 2022, 8:08:43 PM5/23/22
to mlug-au

I'm considering ordering a Pinebook Pro when the next pre-order comes around. Has anyone have a comment on Pine64 quality/products?

Michael Pope

May 24, 2022, 1:42:11 AM5/24/22
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

I ordered my NAS from Pine and it's a great product. It was a kit I put together with a RockPro64 + case and it's been great. The delivery takes a while.

from
Mick

On Tue, 24 May 2022, at 10:08 AM, Rick Miles wrote:

I'm considering ordering a Pinebook Pro when the next pre-order comes around. Has anyone have a comment on Pine64 quality/products?

Rick Miles

May 24, 2022, 3:30:36 AM5/24/22
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Mick ...  are you using eMMC storage?
I've been playing with indoor RC planes using OpenTX on a RadiomastervTX16S transmitter (Arm system with radio and configuration for multiple rc planes trains and automobiles). Took awhile to wrap my  head around it but for now I refuse to compile from source and I don't want to learn lua scripting. Time for a change ...I need a need laptop for out in the shop and if something fails elsewhere. I thought about getting a Pine64 SBC and hobbling together something but then figured it'd be cheaper just to get a 14" Pinebook Pro.  Slackware AArch64/ARM64 has been released into the wild, and will install but in the interim (waiting to pre-order?) maybe I'll get a RockPro64 SBC They're cheap enough. My PiZeros and B'pros are becoming fossils ... anyone know when the comet is due over Yucatan?

Michael Pope

Jun 6, 2022, 6:17:57 AM6/6/22
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

I've been busy moving house sorry of the late reply.

No I installed onto an SD Card to make it easier to backup and change

Yeah the RockPro64 is a good board, i would definitely get the 4GB over the 2GB if using it for a desktop.

from
Mick

Rick Miles

Jun 7, 2022, 6:06:23 PM6/7/22
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks ... I've ordered rockpro64 4gb. I'll install onto a 2.5" ssd using cable sold by Pine as per Slackwarearm  AArch 64 instructions.

Cheers Rick

On 6/6/22 20:17, Michael Pope wrote:
Hi Rick,

I've been busy moving house sorry of the late reply.

No I installed onto an SD Card to make it easier to backup and change

Yeah the RockPro64 is a good board, i would definitely get the 4GB over the 2GB if using it for a desktop.

from
Mick
<snipped>