av1.webm

AJ

Jul 24, 2022, 2:01:51 PM7/24/22
to mlu...@googlegroups.com

anything here seem wrong?
http://visualsynth.com/proj/ffmpeg_for_web/

i was trying to get AV1.webm  working on android.....       my android
is old phone.... so maybe it needs newer phone/hardware?!?       if you
have a newish  android can you test if the AV1 videos play.

aj.

Michael Pope

Aug 15, 2022, 7:40:31 PM8/15/22
to mlug-au@googlegroups com
I also cannot play the av1.webm, I'm using LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) on a Samsung S8.

Nic Baxter

Aug 15, 2022, 7:59:47 PM8/15/22
to Michael Pope, mlug-au@googlegroups com
I can play av1.webm opening VLC as an external app through firefox 103.2 on my Samsung Tab A8 running Android 11

Darren Wurf

Aug 15, 2022, 10:21:58 PM8/15/22
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Pixel 5 running Android 12
Works in chrome
Doesn't work in Firefox for Android

Michael Pope

Aug 15, 2022, 11:12:18 PM8/15/22
to mlug-au@googlegroups com
I just tested on my phone under Chrome and it worked, the first test was under Firefox 103.2.0 on my phone and that didn't work.