Next meeting: 29th April

Duncan Roe

Apr 22, 2024, 3:50:40 AMApr 22
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The next meeting is next Monday. I've updated https://mlug-au.org and cleared
out the attendance list. The online meeting will run as always at
https://meet.jit.si/mlug-au

We have yet to schedule any talks: does anyone have something they'd like to
share?

Do put your name on the attendance list (on the website) if you'd like to have
an in-person meeting again this month. We only need 4 names, mine's there
already.

Cheers ... Duncan.

Duncan Roe

Apr 26, 2024, 10:47:03 PMApr 26
to mlug-au
Hi Everyone,

The next meeting is this coming Monday.
There are only 3 names on the attendance list:  we need 4 to go in-person.
Anyone else want to sign up? I'll try to book the room  as soon as we get to 4.

Cheers ... Duncan.

Duncan Roe

Apr 28, 2024, 6:05:50 AMApr 28
to mlug-au
Hi Howard, Malcolm and Pool,

I just contacted the GNH but both rooms with a screen are booked now.
They can give us a quiet part of the bistro.
That's fine with me but you 3 make up the quorum - are you happy to meet in the bistro?
Unless one of you emails the list that they won't come I'll book tomorrow.
Positive responses welcome,

Cheers ... Duncan.

zak martell

Apr 30, 2024, 3:23:20 AMApr 30
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Sorry for delay,

I can come in person tomorrow. I will add my name to list on wiki.

If not, it’s ok. 👍

Howard Joseph

Apr 30, 2024, 3:23:26 AMApr 30
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
G'day Duncan,

I am happy to attend in a quiet part of the bistro, but due to my hearing problems, I'll use a set of headphones to listen to the meeting, rather than try to follow it on speakers on my laptop.

However, if I find it too difficult, or too noisy to  follow along, I'll leave early, but not without giving it a serious chance to work first.

All the Best

Howard

with the average voter."- Winston Churchill

Malcolm Herbert

Apr 30, 2024, 3:23:32 AMApr 30
to mlug-au
Duncan - apologies, I did leave putting my name down a little late and missed the cutoff.

Unfortunately, even after that I will need to drop out tonight anyway for unrelated family reasons, sorry.

Enjoy the meeting, intend to be present next month when I can hopefully get more of my ducks together, if not lined up.

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert
mj...@mjch.net

Malcolm Herbert

Apr 30, 2024, 3:51:49 AMApr 30
to mlug-au
OK, weird - I definitely replied yesterday morning but the email only showed up to the list just now ... I'd wondered that I hadn't seen my reply, but couldn't recall whether or not the group was set to 'sender sees replies' or not ...

How did it go in the end?

Regards,
Malcolm

On Mon, 29 Apr 2024, at 10:45, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> Duncan - apologies, I did leave putting my name down a little late and
> missed the cutoff.
:
:

--
Malcolm Herbert
mj...@mjch.net

Duncan Roe

Apr 30, 2024, 4:12:57 AMApr 30
to mlu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Malcolm,

On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 05:51:25PM +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> OK, weird - I definitely replied yesterday morning but the email only
> showed up to the list just now ... I'd wondered that I hadn't seen my
> reply, but couldn't recall whether or not the group was set to 'sender
> sees replies' or not ...

Google thought your email might be spam. I got a moderator's report with 3
emails: from you, Howard and Zak. I just approved them all which is why you just
saw yours.

> How did it go in the end?

OK, but headphones are almost essential if we ever have to meet in the biostro
again.

> Regards,
> Malcolm
>
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2024, at 10:45, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> > Duncan - apologies, I did leave putting my name down a little late and
> > missed the cutoff.

Cheers ... Duncan.

Malcolm Herbert

Apr 30, 2024, 4:19:47 AMApr 30
to mlug-au
On Tue, 30 Apr 2024, at 18:12, Duncan Roe wrote:
> Google thought your email might be spam. I got a moderator's report with 3
> emails: from you, Howard and Zak. I just approved them all which is why you just
> saw yours.

how annoying ...

>> How did it go in the end?
>
> OK, but headphones are almost essential if we ever have to meet in the biostro
> again.

noted ...

--
Malcolm Herbert