FW: Goal Accomplished

Duncan Roe

May 31, 2022, 3:41:46 AM5/31/22
to mlug
----- Forwarded message from Pool Master <pcp....@gmail.com> -----

Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 13:59:16 +1000
From: Pool Master <pcp....@gmail.com>
To: dunca...@optusnet.com.au
Subject: Goal Accomplished

Duncan

To summarize what we did.
I was worried that we wouldnt be able to get any Linux GUI programs
installed due to the limitations of the installers that only support
Text-based Linux installs.
This hardware is less than a year old and the 2 persons that helped me out
have old relic Chrome hardware from many years ago.
Being bored we updated the O/S.
Then we experimented getting into Dev mode. That was fairly easy.
Then some genius mentioned what would happen if we tried installing a Linux
program through a command line.
We struck oil. The venue had to shut down. We struck oil and continued
installing as many programs I wanted that use GUI interface. Mainly media
and entertainment programs.
Unfortunately we didnt do a recovery backup of the O/S incase something
breaks in the future but no stress for now.
This hardware and O/S version allows you to install Linux programs which
are mixed in with the Chrome programs.
The is no need for installing a Linux O/S. There is no need to switch
between O/S etc.
There is no need to hire a carnie clown to juggle the O/S for you.

But we couldnt find the USB thumb drive on the Linux side of things. Files
saved through Firefox Linux save to the Linux side harddrive (container -
we dedicated a Linux partition for the HDD) but we couldnt find/see the USB
thumb drive on the Linux side of things (yes it was inserted), so we can
cut the downloaded files onto USB drive.

Please remind the 2 persons what exactly that issue was (using technical
jargon) so I put forth this inquiry through the mailing list or elsewhere.

Thanks for the help. The 2 persons mentioned if you could add this email
address to the mailing lists for me. Also one of the persons I was with
(not the Canadian) has some resources/info wants to email me, so if you
could add me on the mailing list of give him this email address thanks.

Could you please pass on these links to the 2 persons I was with to
checkout and see if this hardware (aarch64) supports a Unity3D
installation, which I would really really want to install on this hardware.

https://unity.com/download#how-get-started

https://docs.unity3d.com/hub/manual/InstallHub.html#install-hub-linux (Hub
version)

https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive (Personal version)