Date Claimer Friday 11 Dec 2020

Simone Smala

Nov 2, 2020, 4:47:19 PM11/2/20
to mltaqcl...@googlegroups.com, Mltaq President, MLTAQ Secretary
Dear all

What a year it has been!!! I hope you all managed to get through it without too much suffering, and my sincere sympathies to all of you who had to struggle with mental or physical issues.

Our interest in CLIL is one of those common goals that can help us rebuild our sense of community, our sense of belonging as teachers.

I am proposing a MLTAQ CLIL Network end-of-year get-together on Friday, 11 December. This is one of the days state school teachers have now been given as extra days off, and independent school teacher will mostly be on holidays by then as well, I understand. Anyone is welcome: those working already in CLIL/Immersion/Bilingual Education, and those with an interest in networking the this field.

There will be a free CLIL workshop/presentation at UQ from 11.30am to 12.30pm with latest insights, news and future possibilities (details to come), followed by a lunch at St. Lucy's, the beautiful restaurant at the University of Queensland campus.

As this is a very busy time of the year, I need to get a sense of how many people would like to attend this event. In particular, I need to book the restaurant.

Please rsvp for the event to my email address, if you would like to come along: s.s...@uq.edu.au

It will be great to see you all, and to hear the latest development in the CLIL/Immersion/Bilingual Education world of Queensland!

With multilingual greetings 😊😊😊,

Simone

Dr. Simone Smala

Senior Lecturer

Director of Primary Preservice Programs

Course Coordinator and Lecturer for Learning and Development for Educators (EDUC1650, EDUC1750), and Multilingualism and Education (EDUC2750)

School of Education

Room 514, Social Sciences Building (24)

The University of Queensland

Brisbane Qld 4072 Australia

T +61 7 3365 6377 F +61 7 3365 7199

E s.s...@uq.au.au  W www.uq.edu.au/education

CRICOS code: 00025B

Ruiz de Zarobe, Y. & Smala, S. (2020). Metacognitive Awareness in Language Learning Strategies and Strategy Instruction in CLIL Settings. Journal for the Psychology of Language Learning 2(2), 20-35. (Special Issue: The Psychology of Teaching and Learning Content & Language)

The University of Queensland is embracing the Green Office philosophy. Please consider the environment before printing this email. This email (including any attached files) is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information of The University of Queensland. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, printing or photocopying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete and notify me. Unless explicitly stated, the opinions expressed in this email do not represent the official position of The University of Queensland.