MIPS- Running Linux SMP, One of the thread stucks om Malloc and in some cases without any blocking call

Mushtaq Khan

Mar 23, 2014, 8:11:45 AM3/23/14

Hi All,

Processor:MIPS
OS- Linux-3.4
SMP Enabled
Libc: uclibc

Problem Description: We have created one thread to collect stats periodically. This thread initializes semaphore and blocks. On timer expire we receive signal registered with Timer creation. In signal handler we post semaphore and restart timer. We observe that thread stuck , to check where thread has stuck, Captured different code points in debug-array and when thread is not proceeding printing debug array on timer expiry in signal handler to check where thread is stuck.
Most of the time it is stucking after call to Malloc and in some cases there is no blocking call but still thread stuck and remains stuck. Status of Process is S-Sleeping.
Is there any such issue, if anyone is aware of?

And another point would like to mention is pthread_create is creating threads with different process-Id.

Regards,
Mushtaq Khan