I can't connect to Internet

1 view

Gustavo Arvizu Amezcua

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00

Hello!

I have LinuxPPC 2000 in a B&W G3 Rev 1, due to a problem with my apple
internal modem, I have to change to a Global Village Teleport Internal 56k.

The modem is detected by Linux but when I tried to connect I think there is
a problem whit chat command, because when I start the pppd daemon doesn't
connect with my ISP.

When I tried to use my shell script to invoke chat it only waits on the
first line, and nothing happens.

My script is very simple:

exect chat -v \
'' ATZ \
OK ATDT 3160002 \
CONNECT '' \
name: myusername \
word: mypassword

I try it from the command line but nothing happens, my modem is correctly
function, because when I use minicom to verify the commands of my script, I
can connect to my ISP.

Somebody knows what could it be?

I'm using the 2.2.15pre3 kernel

Thank you for your help.