A strange yaboot problem

Riccardo Gusso

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00

First of all I would like to thank E .Benson and whoever else helped in
the 0.17 release of ybin because now I have a dual-boot script working
in my iMac rev.B with Italian keyboard too (the former one didn't work).
Still I have this strange problem: if I choose Linux/yaboot at the FIRST
startup of my comp the boot stops after a little time, more precisely
after the two lines that say:
new usb device.....

If instead at the first startup I boot in MacOs and then reboot in Linux
everything works.
Any suggestions?
Bye.
Rick

--
"And what can I tell you my brother, my killer
What can I possibly say?

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/

Nelson Abramson

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00

Riccardo Gusso wrote:

> <snip>

> Still I have this strange problem: if I choose Linux/yaboot at the FIRST
> startup of my comp the boot stops after a little time, more precisely
> after the two lines that say:
> new usb device.....
>
> If instead at the first startup I boot in MacOs and then reboot in Linux
> everything works.

What is on your USB chain? I might try switching around the order, making
sure that any really important or hub powered devices are plugged directly
into the iMac (if at all possible), or unplugging any non-keyboard/mouse
devices to see if that fixes it. The USB driver can be pretty flaky
sometimes...at an earlier time, my Sawtooth wouldn't boot if the keyboard
and mouse weren't plugged into the second plug...

HTH
--Nelson Abramson