Setting color mode in Xpmac?

Craig Hagerman

Aug 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/22/00

----------
>From: Robert Spahr <rober...@brainwrench.com>
>To: Craig Hagerman <cr...@osa.att.ne.jp>
>Subject: Re: Setting color mode in Xpmac?
>Date: 2000, Aug 22 Tue 12:14 AM
>

> Craig Hagerman wrote:
> What I do is kill x windows. At the console I type "vmode 17 32"
> then "startx"
>
> I think that will work for you.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just tried it and it doesn't work. I again
get the wacky mirror effect display. Even odder is that after typing in
"vmode 17 32" (and getting the mirror thing) when I type in just "vmode" to
see what the resolution is it reports back that it is 15 32 . Well at least
I DID get 32 bit color :) but the weird three part screen is no good.

Craig Hagerman

** Sent via the linuxppc-user mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/