How to open the function of registration and login?for local building

jun ma

May 5, 2022, 3:57:42 AM5/5/22
to Machine Learning for Kids
Hi Dale,
I want to localize and deploy ml4k for my students, so that I can use all the functions more smoothly. But after I built, I open localhost and only "try it now" on the home page without "log in" and "sign up".

Where are the relevant settings in the source code? How can I open login and registration. In other words, when localizing, how can we use the function of teachers managing classes?

look forward to your reply,thanks  a  lot

Dale Lane

May 5, 2022, 4:18:54 AM5/5/22
to Machine Learning for Kids
I use auth0.com for login and signup, so you need to provide the AUTH0 environment variables for the login/signup controls to be enabled.

I must admit, I haven't documented any of that, as I wasn't expecting anyone to want to try doing it.

Kind regards

Dale Lane

May 5, 2022, 4:21:17 AM5/5/22
to Machine Learning for Kids

jun ma

May 13, 2022, 4:20:16 AM5/13/22
to Machine Learning for Kids
Hello,

Sorry to bother.

I have registered an  auth0  account  and got  client ID and keys, and then I try to export in the environment variable, just like this:
"
export  AUTH0_DOMAIN=XXXX
export  AUTH0_CUSTOM_DOMAIN=XXXX
export  AUTH0_CONNECTION=XXX
export  AUTH0_CLIENT_ID=XXX
"
and finished edit this script by using my information:
https://github.com/IBM/taxinomitis/blob/master/public/auth0-prod-variables.js

and then build and run again , but my project still does not  open the teacher account registration function.

Does it need to be configured in which configuration file?

Kind regards