I can't find a camera option.

JM SG

Jun 8, 2021, 8:28:53 PM6/8/21
to Machine Learning for Kids
I am making a chameleon project.
When I was doing #34 in your worksheet, I couldn't find a camera option.

In your worksheet
1.png

but on my scratch 3.0 screen I can find a camera option.
2.png
How can I solve the problem?

Thanks

Dale Lane

Jun 8, 2021, 8:51:16 PM6/8/21
to Machine Learning for Kids
Sorry about this. I hadn't realised that the camera button had been removed from Scratch.

I've done a little looking into it this evening, and I can see now that it was removed on 11th May (cf. https://github.com/LLK/scratch-gui/pull/7122 )

An announcement was posted a couple of days later at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/513228/

(But like I say, until you brought this to my attention today, I hadn't noticed that).

I'll investigate to see whether I can restore the camera function in the version of Scratch I provide in Machine Learning for Kids (which I think is reasonable given that I don't have the publish projects functions the main Scratch has) but this may take me a little while, as the removal seems to be spread across a few different changes.

So sorry for the inconvenience this caused you, but thank you so much for letting me know.

Kind regards

Dale Lane

Jun 8, 2021, 9:09:24 PM6/8/21
to Machine Learning for Kids
I think I've managed to restore the camera button now. Would you mind giving it a try again, please?

(If you don't see it, it may be that your browser has a cached copy of the previous version of Scratch, so you may need to refresh the page or clear your browser cache to get the most up to date version)

Sorry again for the trouble this caused you.

Kind regards