Gatsby Unit 2022 PhD Programme in Computational and Theoretical Neuroscience and Machine Learning

Ana Saraiva Ayash

Oct 4, 2021, 7:24:09 AM (13 days ago) Oct 4
to Machine Learning and Data Science Africa Network

Applications are open for our 2022 PhD Programme in Computational and Theoretical Neuroscience and Machine Learning.

The Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit at UCL is a world-leading research department in Theoretical Neuroscience and Machine Learning. Established in London in 1998 with support from the Gatsby Charitable Foundation, and Geoffrey Hinton as the founding director, the Unit has contributed breakthroughs that have helped shape thinking in neuroscience and AI. Our investigators have pioneered research into the mathematical foundations of learning, perception, and action in brains and machines.

Research themes: Neural data analysis; Neural representations; Computation and dynamics; Learning; Neural systems; Graphical models; Kernel Methods; Bayesian Statistics; Reinforcement learning; Network and Relational data

Eligibility: Strong analytical and mathematical background, and a relevant first degree, e.g., in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Physics, Psychology or Statistics

Funding: £24,000/p.a. stipend, available to all regardless of nationality. Generous travel and equipment allowance. Tuition fees at any rate.

We particularly encourage applications from diverse and underrepresented groups.

Deadline: 14th November 2021.

For more information about our programme and how to apply click here.