Postdoctoral positions in data science and health -- SBIMB/Wits

Vukosi Marivate

May 18, 2022, 8:30:25 AMMay 18
to mlds-...@googlegroups.com, masakh...@googlegroups.com
See below

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Scott Hazelhurst <Scott.Ha...@wits.ac.za>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 at 12:12
Subject:Postdoctoral positions in data science and health -- SBIMB/Wits

The MADIVA Research Hub is an NIH-funded project as part of the Harnessing Data Science for Health Innovation in Africa Initiative (DS-I). MADIVA is based at the Sydney Brenner Institute for Molecular Bioscience at the University of the Witwatersrand with several partners in South Africa and Kenya. The DS-I consortium comprises several research grants across Africa with many collaborators across the world.

We expect one position to be based at the SBIMB in Johannesburg and one at the African Population & Health Research Centre, Nairobi

We are seeking to fill postdoctoral positions in data science and particularly welcome recent PhD graduates in computer science and cognate disciplines. This is a great opportunity to be part of a large international initiative and apply data science for social good.

Applications close on 30 June — please see https://www.madiva.africa/jobs/madiva_postdoc_proj2.pdf  for more detail

Scott

Scott Hazelhurst

| Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment

E : scott.ha...@wits.ac.za

W : www.wits.ac.za/eie

Logo

School of Electrical and Information Engineering, Chamber of Mines Building,

Braamfontein West Campus, Johannesburg

FacebookTwitterYouTubeLinkedInInstagram

This communication is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in writing to the contrary.