Invitation to Participate in Pulse London - Urban Mapping of Neighbourhood Quality with Street View Images

Emily Shobana MULLER

May 19, 2022, 4:54:56 AMMay 19
to mlds-...@googlegroups.com, black...@googlegroups.com, Mailing List: Chat Community Area: Opportunities, isicni...@googlegroups.com, MD4SG Organizers

image.png

Dear Colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well.

I, Emily Muller, am emailing to invite you to participate and contribute your perceptions of Walkability of London city streetscapes (captured by imagery) hosted at www.pulselondon.co.uk

image.png

The website will ask you to complete a total of 200 ratings of two side by side images from London. This task is estimated to take no longer than 15 minutes. You will be asked 'On which street would you prefer to walk?'. Every rating contributes to a more accurate depiction of walkability in London. You are encouraged to enter demographic information but are not required. If you do, we will keep your data safe under privacy rules and you will not be identifiable.

About Pulse London

This digital exploration of London streetscapes aims to determine which visual features contribute to neighbourhood quality by collecting user rated perceptions of walking preferences. We hypothesise that there may be differences in how different demographic groups perceive their urban environment, and furthermore, the use of this data at city level can provide the basis for spatial proposals for urban regeneration, and a template for urban participatory design.

This website is built and maintained by me. If you have any queries or concerns please contact me (emily....@imperial.ac.uk). Keep in touch on Twitter @pulse_london_uk for more info + events like below in the future:

“come join us on Wednesday to sketch the city you care about #LFA2021 #sketch #London #World #architecture https://t.co/d7Lwa8aTJe @mathwis_emily @AinaRocaB @nkathuto”

King regards,

Emily MullerPhD CandidateMRC Centre for Environment & HealthImperial College London