[Jobs] DeepMind Applied (MTV, LON) is hiring Research Engineers

Keren Gu-Lemberg

Sep 10, 2021, 4:30:31 AMSep 10
to Machine Learning and Data Science Africa Network
Hello mlds-africa!

DeepMind Applied (both sites Mountain View in California, and London in UK) is hiring Research Engineers! We are looking for folks who are interested in working at the intersection of research and products. Please find the full job descriptions attached. If interested, please send your resume to dm-recr...@google.com

The Role

You’ll work in one of our machine learning project teams. Each project differs in its specifics, but they tend to involve significant experimentation in close collaboration with our partner teams. Common phases include understanding our partner’s objectives, stakeholders, products, constraints, key metrics, and systems; gathering, transforming, and analysing data; proposing, building, evaluating, and debugging practical machine learning models and algorithms; integrating our pipelines, models and predictions into production serving systems; running and analyzing experiments and iterating based on outcomes.

Some of our current projects are focusing on the areas below so experience in any of these is highly beneficial:

  • Natural Language Generation/Understanding
  • Multimodal Understanding
  • Causal/Counterfactual modelling
  • Time Series Forecasting
  • Meta Learning
  • Multitask Learning
  • Graph Neural Networks
Minimum requirements:
  • MSc/PhD degree in computer science, mathematics, applied stats, machine learning or similar OR BSc and several years proven experience in an engineering role in industry
  • Strong Software Engineering experience - experience working on large-scale ML projects highly beneficial
  • Strong knowledge and experience of Python and/or C++
  • Proven knowledge of machine learning and/or statistics, knowledge of Tensorflow or similar ML frameworks
  • Proven experience working in industry, working on projects from proof-of-concept through to implementation highly beneficial

Preferred experience:

  • Experience in applying experimental ideas to applied problems
  • Cross functional collaboration experience
  • Prior experience collaborating with researchers
  • Prior experience working with product teams
Please find more info in the attached Job Description!

Cheers,

Keren Gu
Research Engineer, Tech Lead / Manager
DeepMind Applied

Keren Gu-Lemberg

Sep 20, 2021, 1:51:49 PMSep 20
to Machine Learning and Data Science Africa Network
Hi all,

For all who have emailed dm-recr...@google.com and got a bounce, apologies that alias is internal only. We have opened up the public online portal for both MTV and LON, and you can now apply directly on our careers page: