OATML Oxford Virtual PhD Open Day

Muhammed Razzak

Nov 29, 2021, 10:49:20 AM11/29/21
to Machine Learning and Data Science Africa Network
Dear All,

OATML Oxford is hosting a virtual Open Day on Friday, December 3rd, from 2pm - 4pm GMT. Anyone, interested in a PhD in the group is welcome to join. Come to meet OATMLers, get a feel for our group, and ask any questions you may have! We recognize that there is a stigma around PhD prerequisites, and often applicants are discouraged as they feel underqualified. If you're hesitant about qualifications, do reach out
OATML is headed by Yarin Gal. Our group works on topics such as developing Bayesian deep learning methodology, applications of ML, and works to understand ML methodology. OATML is an open and friendly lab. We have lots of collaborations within the group (take a look at the group publications), as well as collaborations with other labs, e.g. in medical imaging (with Tal Arbel at MILA), genomics (with Debbie Marks at Harvard Medical School), autonomous driving and RL (with Sergey Levine at Berkeley), astronomy (with Chris Lintott at Oxford Astrophysics, and with NASA FDL), earth observations (with ESA), AI for good, and more.

Please fill out this form to attend the open day: https://forms.gle/6oRBfou3YUPx7LDq9

More about applying to the group: https://oatml.cs.ox.ac.uk/apply.html

Looking forward to seeing you there!
OATML Research Group