Open call: Incubating Feminist AI: <From Paper to Prototype to Pilot>

Ranjit Singh

Oct 11, 2021, 2:16:34 AM (6 days ago) Oct 11
to Machine Learning and Data Science Africa Network

Hello Everyone,

I hope this email finds you well. I would like to share the open call Incubating Feminist AI: <From Paper to Prototype to Pilot>. This initiative has been selected to participate as an example of new global governance at the Paris Peace Forum.

If you are located in the eligible countries and regions of the Global South, we would be delighted if you submit a proposal. It would be also very helpful if you could please share the call with anyone you think might be interested in participating.

Here are some important dates:

  • Opens: September 15, 2021
  • Closes: October 31, 2021 (Anywhere on Earth)
  • Results: November 15, 2021

For this call, it is necessary to submit a preliminary proposal (4,000-5,000 words). From the submitted proposals, 9 will be selected to write a paper presenting the project in greater depth, for which CAD 8,000 will be awarded. Then, 3 will be selected to build a prototype, with a budget of 75,000 CAD. From the prototypes, one will be selected for a pilot, with an additional CAD 50,000.

You can review the details in the following links:

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Cheers,

Ranjit Singh
Postdoctoral Scholar | AI on the Ground,
Data & Society