3.5 year funded PhD position on how humans decide to intervene in autonomous AI systems, at the University of Manchester, UK.

Vukosi Marivate

May 20, 2022, 3:59:23 AMMay 20
to mlds-...@googlegroups.com, masakh...@googlegroups.com, ds...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: George Farmer via Jdm-society <jdm-s...@sjdm.org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022, 11:23
Subject: [Jdm-society] 3.5 year funded PhD position on how humans decide to intervene in autonomous AI systems, at the University of Manchester, UK.

Dear Colleagues,

The Faculty of Biology Medicine and Health at the University of Manchester is offering a 3.5 year EPSRC-funded PhD, starting in September 2022.

The project will examine the cognition that underpins a person's decision to intervene in the performance of an autonomous artificial intelligence system (e.g., self-driving cars or image classification algorithms). The research will involve experimental psychology, eye-tracking, and make use of our state-of-the-art virtual reality lab.

Candidates should have experience, ideally at masters level, in a relevant topic such as cognitive psychology, decision-making, or human-computer interaction.

More details and how to apply are available here: http://www.findaphd.com?pj=144105

Potential candidates are welcome to contact me to discuss the position: george[dot]farmer[at]manchester.ac.uk

The deadline for applications is May 20th 2022.

Dr George Farmer
Research Fellow
Division of Neuroscience & Experimental Psychology
University of Manchester

Please refer to http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf
for full details.