Masters in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence at Stellenbosch University

Brink, Willie [wbrink@sun.ac.za]

Sep 14, 2021, 3:37:16 AMSep 14
to mlds-...@googlegroups.com
Applications are open for a new structured MSc in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence at Stellenbosch University (South Africa), starting January 2022.

We designed the programme for students with a strong mathematical and computational background, to equip them with the fundamentals of ML and AI plus a suite of sophisticated techniques and concepts at the research forefront of these fields.

The programme can be completed in one year of intensive full-time study, or two years part-time.

Core modules
Mathematics for Machine Learning
Foundations of Deep Learning
Probabilistic Modelling and Reasoning
Applied Machine Learning at Scale

Electives (students must complete six)
Computer Vision
Natural Language Processing
Reinforcement Learning
Sequence Modelling
Optimisation for Machine Learning
Monte Carlo Methods
Advanced Probabilistic Modelling
Artificial Intelligence and the Brain
Additional Advanced Topics (tbc)

Research Project

Visit our website (https://mlai.sun.ac.za) for further details, including admission criteria and how to apply.

Prof Willie Brink
Applied Mathematics
Stellenbosch University

The integrity and confidentiality of this email are governed by these terms. Disclaimer
Die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie e-pos word deur die volgende bepalings bereël. Vrywaringsklousule