Data Science Africa (DSA) and Deep Learning Indaba (DLI) are collaborating in the implementation of a research funding initiative spanning the African continent whose objective is to strengthen the pipeline of African AI research by increasing funding pathways.
This funding call invites Early Career Researchers in Africa to submit research proposals seeking funding. We are particularly looking to support Early Career Academic Researchers with:
- a PhD for the 3 - 5 years and ideally teaching at a university in Africa;
- a nationality or permanent residency of any African country in the last 5 years;
- a strong background in machine learning, artificial intelligence or data science research, or in any discipline of science;
- a research idea that has sustainable development goals in mind;
- a research idea that will be conducted at universities or research institutions in Africa;
- a research project idea that could reach deliverable outputs by early December 2023.
06th April 2022 – Call for proposals open
20th May 2022 – Proposal submission deadline
10th June 2022 – Decision notification
13th June to 1st July 2022 - Due diligence of host institutions of successful research proposals.
For more information about the Africa AI Research Award 2022 Innovation Funding and the application procedure, please visit the DSA website.
More questions? Email us at dsa-resea...@datascienceafrica.org
Dina Z. Machuve, PhD
Project Lead - Africa AI Research Awards
Data Science Africa (DSA)