PhD fellowship/Postdoc/Assistant Professor within the Machine Learning and Global Health Network

Emily Shobana MULLER

Jun 7, 2022, 11:19:44 AMJun 7
to mlds-...@googlegroups.com, Mailing List: Chat Community Area: Opportunities, black...@googlegroups.com
https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=156646

From the Website:

PhD fellowship/Postdoc/Assistant Professor within the Machine Learning and Global Health Network

We are looking for 6 highly motivated, open-minded, and dynamic researchers for a 3-year PhD-fellowship and a 3/4 year fixed-term Postdoc/Assistant Professor to commence on 1 October 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.

The positions will be primarily at the University of Copenhagen. You will be part of an interdisciplinary research group embedded within the Machine Learning and Global Health Network – a dynamic group spread between the University of Oxford, Imperial College London, the National University of Singapore, and the University of Copenhagen.

Our research
The Machine Learning and Global Health Network is a collaboration between several principal investigators with a passion for studying problems at the interface of statistics, computer science, and biology. Our group produces both high impact work in epidemiology as well as technical innovations in several disciplines.

The positions will be based at the University of Copenhagen in the Section of Epidemiology primarily under Professor Samir Bhatt. Close collaborations will also include Professor Seth Flaxman at the University of Oxford and Oliver Ratmann at Imperial College London. The PhD positions will be co-supervised by Dr Elizaveta Semenova at the University of Oxford, Assistant Professor Swapnil Mishra at the National University of Singapore. There will be the possibility of travel and time spent at the listed other institutions.

There are 6 total positions being offered, and successful applications will be expected to engage in highly collaborative work. We are primarily looking for candidates with a statistical, mathematical or computer science background, but we will also consider any motivated candidates with a strong desire to learn and conduct technical research.

For further information or informal enquires please contact Professor Samir Bhatt: samir...@sund.ku.dk or s.b...@ic.ac.uk