Fwd: Webinar on how to publish a book

Bubacarr Bah

Dec 2, 2021, 3:37:28 AM12/2/21
to mlds-...@googlegroups.com, Mailing List: Chat Community Area: Opportunities
FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Webinar on how to publish a book
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 17:04:34 +0000
From: Dorothy Mazlum <dorothy...@birkhauser-science.com>
To: buba...@aims.ac.za <buba...@aims.ac.za>

Dear Prof. Bubacarr Bah,

I hope this message finds you well.

Your name was given to me by Kasso Okoudjou, who will be my guest at a webinar I will be hosting on “how to publish a book”. It is my aim to make book publishing better known among mathematics researchers in African countries, therefore I am sending you this invitation, asking you if you perhaps would be willing to share it with colleagues you think might be interested.

Please let me know if you have any question or suggestion, or if you simply would like to touch base.

With best wishes,

Dorothy

***

Invitation to the Webinar:

Publish a book!

With: Dorothy Mazlum, Senior Editor Birkhäuser/Springer Mathematics

Guest: Prof. Kasso A. Okoudjou, Tufts University, USA

Wednesday , December 15, 2021

16:00 CAT

14:00 GMT / 15:00 WAT / 17:00 EAT

In this webinar, we will:

- Present the benefits of writing a book

- Explain the book publication process

- Compare different book types

- Discuss ethic and permission guidelines

- Share an author’s first-hand experience

- Answer your questions

No registration required. Direct link to the event: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/611291093

Please send any question you might have in advance to dorothy...@birkhauser-science.com.

***

Check out our newest Podcasts from Springer Mathematics!

https://springermathpodcast.buzzsprout.com/

---

Dorothy Mazlum

Senior Editor, Mathematics Birkhäuser

Springer Nature Switzerland AG

Tel. +41 41 7473681

Cell +41 78 7676934

dorothy...@birkhauser-science.com

www.birkhauser-science.com

---

Birkhäuser is part of the Springer portfolio providing quality content via innovative information products and services. Springer is part of Springer Nature one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers.

---

Springer Nature Switzerland AG

Registered Office: Cham / Kanton Zug, CHE-480.203.569

Board of Directors: Martin Mos, Eric Schmitt, Herbert Sterchi

Webinar_authorsAfrica.pdf