[MLDS-Africa] Democratizing Artificial Intelligence to Benefit Everyone : Shaping a better future in the Smart Technology Era

Jacques Ludik

Mar 31, 2021, 4:09:41 AM3/31/21
to mlds-...@googlegroups.com
Dear MLDS-Africa group,

As I thought that this book that was just published might be of use to many MLDS-Africa members, I share a bit more details about this here for those that are interested.

Best regards
Jacques

From LinkedIn:

It is my great pleasure and honor to present my most recent book "Democratizing Artificial Intelligence to Benefit Everyone" which is not only a sense-making journey on democratizing AI to benefit everyone, but also introduces a massive transformative purpose for humanity and its associated goals to help shape a beneficial human-centric future (which complements the United Nations’ 2030 vision and SDGs) along with Sapiens (sapiens.network) as a decentralized human-centric user-controlled AI-driven super platform to empower individuals and monetizes their data and services and can be extended to companies, communities, cities, city-states, and beyond.

Many thanks to my many friends and business colleagues over the years across the globe who have contributed to my life in various ways for which I am very grateful and appreciative. Thanks also to everyone that inspired me and from whom I have learned so much within the international AI community, intellectual virtual communities, the African AI community, technology hubs, as well as businesses and organizations that my companies have interacted with, and many more.

Some relevant links:

Description of Democratize Artificial Intelligence to Benefit Everyone on Amazon:

We live in exhilarating times where we already experience the disruptive and profound impact of a smart technology revolution with AI as one of the key exponential technologies that seems to be on track to change how we live, work, play, interact, and relate to one another in an all-inclusive and wide-ranging fashion. Besides the impact of the Smart Technology Era that is felt in almost every industry in every country and entire systems of production, management, and governance being transformed, we also see also our current civilization on a problematic trajectory where we struggle with sense-making, meaning-making, wealth gaps, job loss, catastrophic risks, discrimination, data abuse, bias, human agency, dependence lock-in, institutional decay, as well as disorder and destabilization of society. It is a time where we need visionary leadership, sense-making, wisdom, and practical actions to ensure that humanity and our civilization is moving in the right direction as we work towards unlocking the tremendous potential of AI and smart technologies.

Democratizing Artificial Intelligence to Benefit Everyone does not only take us on a holistic sense-making journey and lays a foundation to synthesize a more balanced view and better understanding of AI, its applications, its benefits, its risks, its limitations, its progress, and its likely future paths, but also taps into Dr Jacques Ludik’s wealth of experience, knowledge, and sense-making ability as a smart technology entrepreneur and founder of multiple AI companies, AI expert, AI ecosystem builder, and award-winning AI Leader with a Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence and three decades of experience in AI and its applications in multiple industries across the globe. This book also synthesizes, assimilates, and acts as a filter on a wide spectrum of thought leadership, information, ideas, and research to enable as many people as possible to not only interpret and make sense of this, but also participate in helping shape a better future for ourselves, our children and humanity going forward. It helps us to more accurately understand where we are heading given the current dynamics on a global and national economic and political level as well as across ideologies and industries. Specific solutions are also shared to address AI’s potential negative impacts, designing AI for social good and beneficial outcomes, building human-compatible AI that is ethical and trustworthy, addressing bias and discrimination, and the skills and competencies needed for a human-centric AI-driven workplace.

Not only is the book aimed to help with the drive towards democratizing AI and its applications to maximize the beneficial outcomes for humanity, but Dr Ludik is specifically arguing for a more decentralized beneficial human-centric future where AI and its benefits can be democratized to as many people as possible. He specifically examines what it means to be human and living meaningful in the 21st century and share some ideas for reshaping our civilization for beneficial outcomes as well as various potential outcomes for the future of civilization. Dr Jacques Ludik also proposes a Massive Transformative Purpose for Humanity and associated goals that complement the United Nations’ 2030 vision and sustainable development goals to help shape a beneficial human-centric future in a decentralized hyperconnected world. As a practical step towards a building block in support of this purpose and goals, he also introduces an initiative and an invitation to people around globe to participate in the development, deployment and use of a decentralized, human-centric, and user-controlled AI-driven super platform called Sapiens . To help shape this better future we need a collective, integrated, and comprehensive response that involves all stakeholders of the global system of governing, from the private and public sectors to civil society and academia.

__________________

DR JACQUES LUDIK

FOUNDER & CEO, CORTEX LOGIC
FOUNDER & CEO, CORTEX GROUP
FOUNDER & PRESIDENT, MIIA
AUTHOR: DEMOCRATIZING ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TO BENEFIT EVERYONE

Mobile: +27 83 450 5235
Skype : jacques.ludik
Personal Websitehttps://jacquesludik.com
Sapiens Websitehttps://sapiens.network

Cortex Logic

Cortex Group

Machine Intelligence Institute of Africa (MIIA)
Email:   jacque...@miiafrica.org
Website:  https://miiafrica.org

Jacques Ludik

Dec 6, 2021, 2:02:07 PM12/6/21
to mlds-...@googlegroups.com
Dear MLDS-Africa group,

As I thought that the audio book version of "Democratizing Artificial Intelligence to Benefit Everyone : Shaping a better future in the Smart Technology Era” that was recently published world-wide (in follow-up to the e-book and paperback earlier this year) might be of use to many MLDS-Africa members, I share a bit more details about this here for those that are interested.

Kind regards
Jacques

It is with great pleasure, excitement and honour to announce the availability of the audio book version of "Democratizing Artificial Intelligence to Benefit Everyone" via major audio book market place world-wide. See details on my website as well as below. You can also listen to Chapter 1 on the Jacques Ludik YouTube Channel or Jacques Ludik Podcasts links below. This release is in follow-up to the e-book (Kindle) and paperback version of the book that was released earlier this year on Amazon with some further updates recently. See also more details about the Book update and Reviews here:

[...]

In the book that is amongst others aimed to help with the drive towards democratizing Artificial Intelligence and its applications to maximize the beneficial outcomes for humanity, the author Dr Jacques Ludik is specifically arguing for a more decentralized beneficial human-centric future where AI and its benefits can be democratized to as many people as possible. He specifically examines what it means to be human and living meaningful in the 21st century and share some ideas for reshaping our civilization for beneficial outcomes as well as various potential outcomes for the future of civilization.

Dr Ludik further proposes a Massive Transformative Purpose for Humanity and associated goals that complement the United Nations’ 2030 vision and sustainable development goals to help shape a beneficial human-centric future in a decentralized hyperconnected world. As a practical step towards a building block in support of this purpose and goals, this initiative has been introduced and an invitation extended to people around globe to participate in the development, deployment and use of a decentralized, human-centric, and user-controlled AI-driven super platform called Sapiens. To help shape this better future we need a collective, integrated, and comprehensive response that involves all stakeholders of the global system of governing, from the private and public sectors to civil society and academia.

The Audio book version of Democratizing Artificial Intelligence to Benefit Everyone is available on the following major audio book market places

• Audible
• SCRIBD
• Libro.fm
• Downpour
• MLOL

Listen to Chapter 1 on Jacques Ludik's new YouTube channel

Listen to Chapter 1 on Jacques Ludik Podcast on any of the following podcast channels: SpotifyApple PodcastsGoogle PodcastsAmazon MusicPlayer.FM PodcastsListen NotesPodbeanJacques Ludik Video Podcasts

From LinkedIn:

[...]

E-book and paperback versions on Amazon
Audiobook available on many audiobook marketplaces world-wide such as:
Audible, Apple Books, Audiobooks.com, Google Play, SCRIBD, Libro.fm, Downpour, Nook, Kobo, Chirpbooks, Audiobooksnz, mlol