Questions Implementing Your Board using XVC...

Todd Moore

Oct 9, 2015, 10:48:37 AM10/9/15
to MLAB
Hello,

I'm working on a project that will require remote programming & debugging of multiple boards, in a crate, with multiple Xilinx FPGAs on each board.  I have a few questions about the implementation of your board:

1. Can a USB hub be used to connect to many of your boards?  I need the capability to be able to program/debug every FPGA on every board.  Can this be done?
2. Is there a solution to use Ethernet instead of USB?

Thanks,

Todd

kaklik

Oct 13, 2015, 8:24:08 AM10/13/15
to MLAB
Hi Todd,

sorry for late reply, but main designer of our XVC  module is Milan Horkel. He should reply to you as soon as possible. I was waiting on him with my simplified answer.

But I think your problem could be resolved by using the device serial number which is stored in FT220X's internal MTP memory.  Then the serial number strictly identifies each programming channel...

Ethernet connection can be achieved by using some simple server which converts the communication to the USB. We usually using ARM based computers to the similar tasks and we have MLAB compatible mounting. Here is an example: http://www.mlab.cz/Modules/ARM/ODROID-C1/ODROID-C1_Top_Small.JPG