Meeting #142: [Offline; YSU AI Lab; Friday 15.00] Memorization Without Overfitting: Analyzing the Training Dynamics of Large Language Models

Hrant Khachatrian

Jan 20, 2023, 12:36:20 AM1/20/23
to Machine Learning Reading Group Yerevan
Dear friends,

We made a difficult decision to move the meetings to Fridays. We know it will be less convenient for those participants whose main job is not research. It will be more convenient for those whose main job is research. We decided to shift the decision in the other direction this time. After a month or so we will return to this question.

So the meetings will be on Fridays, 15.00 at YSU AI Lab.

Everyone registered on this Google Group will get a calendar invite. Those who enabled receiving email updates from this Group will receive an email with an invitation. The others will see the invite on their calendar without getting an email.

If you subscribe to this calendar, the events will appear on your calendar view even if you're not part of this Google Group. In your Google Calendar settings you can subscribe to email notifications whenever a new event appears on this Calendar. I think if you're both subscribed to the Google Group and to this calendar, you might see the same event twice :)

This time Hrayr Harutyunyan from USC will present the paper "Memorization Without Overfitting: Analyzing the Training Dynamics of Large Language Models" from NeurIPS'22 by Kushal Tirumala, Aram H. Markosyan, Luke Zettlemoyer, Armen Aghajanyan from Meta AI.

Best regards,
Hrant