[job] PhD in probabilistic ML

cassio

May 22, 2024, 4:31:44 AMMay 22
to Machine Learning News
Dear all,

We are currently looking for a PhD candidate in probabilistic machine learning; please forward the information below to any parties you think might be interested!

best regards,
cassio.

---
Are you interested in working on foundational issues of robustness and reliability of probabilistic AI? Are you motivated to translate your theoretical results to real-world problems in healthcare? Then come join us as our next PhD-candidate in the Uncertainty in AI group!

The Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI) group is a growing group embedded in the Data and AI (DAI) cluster at the Eindhoven University of Technology (https://dai.win.tue.nl). In the DAI cluster, we aim at developing foundations of AI for the present and the future. This includes the design of new AI methods, development of AI algorithms, and tools with a view at expanding the reach of AI and its generalization abilities. In particular, we study foundational issues of robustness, safety, trust, reliability, tractability, scalability, interpretability, and explainability of AI.

The UAI group is looking for a highly motivated and skilled PhD candidate to work in the area of probabilistic machine learning. The position is fully funded for a term of four years. The research direction will be determined together with the successful candidate and in line with the NWO Perspectief Project Personalised Care in Oncology (www.personalisedcareinoncology.nl). The research topics may include, but are not restricted to:

* Probabilistic graphical models (Markov, Bayesian, credal networks)

* Causality: Theory and application

* Cautious AI, including imprecise probabilities

* Robust stochastic processes

* Tractable models and decision-making

* Online/continual learning with evolving data

Job requirements

* Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field

* Excellent analytical and mathematical skills

* Affinity with developing theoretical results

* Excellent algorithmic skills (including realizing it via coding)

* Excellent academic writing and presentation skills

* Proficiency in English (written and spoken)

* Desire to conduct excellent research and publish in high quality conferences and journals

* Independent thinker and self-responsibility

* Ability and desire to collaborate and work in teams

* Ability and desire to support teaching and to co-supervise bachelor and master students

For more information and applying (deadline 23 June 2024), please see https://jobs.tue.nl/en/vacancy/phd-in-probabilistic-machine-learning-1081259.html

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Best,

dr. Thomas Krak
t.e.krak [at]tue.nl
Assist. Prof. in UAI group