Call for participation in Online Asian Machine Learning School 2022

Lee Wee Sun

Sep 22, 2022, 8:53:17 PM9/22/22
to Machine Learning News
Dear all,

We invite applications to attend the Online Asian Machine Learning
School (OAMLS), which is a part of the Asian Conference on Machine
Learning (ACML) 2022 and will be held from December 8-10 and December
15-16, 2022, with ACML held in between from December 12-14.

By participating in OAMLS, you will have the opportunity to:

• Learn from and engage with top experts in the field. OAMLS offers an
invaluable chance to study fundamentals of machine learning as well as
state-of-the-art advances from our invited speakers.
• OAMLS provides a great networking opportunity to meet like-minded
individuals who share your passion for machine learning, data science,
and artificial intelligence.
• You may want to attend ACML 2022, which is held in a hybrid format in
conjunction with the school.

Speakers:

• Kun Zhang , Carnegie Mellon University & Mohamed bin Zayed University
of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI)
• Leslie Kaelbling , Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• Arthur Gretton , University College London
• Petar Veličković , Deep Mind
• Mijung Park, University of British Columbia
• Masaaki Imaizumi, The University of Tokyo
• C V Jawahar, International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
• Chiranjib Bhattacharyya, India Institute of Science, Bangalore
• Swabha Swayamdipta, USC Viterbi School of Engineering
• Pin-Yu Chen, IBM Research

We aim to have 200 strongly motivated and engaged participants in this
event. We encourage applications from the Asia-Pacific region, although
we open applications to anyone in the world provided that they will be
able to attend the event which will be held in Asian time zones (daytime
in Hyderabad, where ACML will be held). No deep experience of machine
learning is needed to apply, but participants are assumed to have some
basic knowledge of programming, statistics, and machine learning. We
will provide recommended background materials for those who are selected
to ensure that everyone has the required knowledge to benefit from the
event.

The school is online, so there is no need to be able to travel to
participate. Please apply at
https://www.acml-conf.org/2022/cfoamls.html. Submitting an application
is free of charge. We ask for a small registration fee for accepted
participants. The application deadline is on October 3, 2022.

Contact: oamls20...@googlegroups.com.

Thank you,
The OAMLS 2022 team