[Job] Open Position: Post-Doc Fellow in AI at University of Udine

Niki Martinel

Apr 29, 2024, 11:24:04 AMApr 29
to ml-...@googlegroups.com, visio...@visionscience.com, cv...@lawton.ewind.com, cv...@mail.ewind.com, cv...@lists.auth.gr
Dear colleagues,
We are seeking one highly motivated researcher for a fully funded research fellowship position (Italian Assegno di Ricerca – Post-Doc Equivalent) on topics related to AI for the exploration of proteins from alternative sources, such as peas.
The candidate will join the Machine Learning and Perception Lab (MLP Lab), at the University of Udine, Italy under the supervision of Prof. Niki Maritnel.
The position concerns a recently funded project: Unveiling the Protein Universe with AI. The project focuses on developing AI methodologies to explore and analyze proteins derived from non-traditional sources, enhancing our understanding and utilization of these proteins in various applications.

More details are as follows:
Position: Research Fellow (post-doc equivalent)
Location: University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Application Deadline: May 28, 2024 at 2:00 pm CEST
Link to the Call (with instructions on how to apply): https://titulus-uniud.cineca.it/albo/viewer?view=files/002566953-UNUD001-08b335db-da30-40fe-9464-606f6b10e26c-002.pdf
Duration: 12 Months

Research Topics: The project aims to leverage advanced AI techniques to systematically explore and map proteins from alternative sources, such as peas, facilitating breakthroughs in food technology and other relevant fields.

Admission Criteria:
To participate in the call, a master’s degree in a relevant field such as Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or Computer Science is required. A PhD is not required but is strongly recommended. Previous background in AI and protein analysis is also strongly recommended.

About the Laboratory:
The MLP research group primarily focuses on the development of research in Machine Learning and AI for diverse applications. The group comprises 6+ members with a history of publications in prestigious venues and collaboration with several industrial and academic partners.
The group aims to provide its members with a friendly environment with strong supervision, where individuals can grow and let their full potential flourish. We regularly organize group meetings and gatherings outside the lab to motivate the team and encourage a good work culture.

Please feel free to share this opportunity with anyone who might be interested. We appreciate your help in contacting potential candidates.

Prof. Niki Maritnel
University of Udine

Niki Martinel

May 16, 2024, 4:46:31 AMMay 16
to ml-...@googlegroups.com, visio...@visionscience.com, cv...@lawton.ewind.com, cv...@mail.ewind.com, cv...@lists.auth.gr
Dear colleagues,
We are seeking one highly motivated researcher for a fully funded research fellowship on topics related to AI for the exploration of proteins from alternative sources, such as peas.

The candidate will join the Machine Learning and Perception Lab (MLP Lab), at the University of Udine, Italy under the supervision of Prof. Niki Maritnel.
The position concerns a recently funded project: Unveiling the Protein Universe with AI. The project focuses on developing AI methodologies to explore and analyze proteins derived from non-traditional sources, enhancing our understanding and utilization of these proteins in various applications.

Position: Research Fellow

Niki Martinel

May 22, 2024, 10:22:44 AMMay 22
[...]

To participate in the call, a master’s degree in a relevant field such as Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or Computer Science is required. A PhD is not required but is strongly recommended. Previous background in ML/AI and protein analysis is also strongly recommended.

About the Laboratory:
The MLP research group primarily focuses on the development of research in Machine Learning/AI for diverse applications. The group comprises 6+ members with a history of publications in prestigious venues and collaboration with several industrial and academic partners.

The group aims to provide its members with a friendly environment with strong supervision, where individuals can grow and let their full potential flourish. We regularly organize group meetings and gatherings outside the lab to motivate the team and encourage a good work culture.

Please feel free to share this opportunity with anyone who might be interested. We appreciate your help in contacting potential candidates.

Prof. Niki Martinel
University of Udine

Niki Martinel

Jun 5, 2024, 12:08:26 PM (12 days ago) Jun 5
to ml-...@googlegroups.com, visio...@visionscience.com, cv...@lawton.ewind.com, cv...@mail.ewind.com, cv...@lists.auth.gr
Join Us for Exciting PhD Opportunities in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence at the University of Udine
Are you passionate about Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence? The University of Udine is excited to announce three fully funded PhD positions in our Machine Learning and Perception (MLP) team. This is your chance to delve into cutting-edge research in a vibrant academic environment in Italy.
What You'll Be Doing
As a PhD student, you'll be an integral part of our MLP research group, focusing on one of the following innovative projects:
  • SistAnimalID: Develop an advanced animal recognition system.
  • BioSubAcque: Engage in underwater image analysis for environmental monitoring.
  • TrustVision: Create efficient and reliable artificial vision systems for Industry 4.0.
You'll work closely with our team of experienced researchers, participate in regular group meetings, and have the opportunity to present your work at top conferences.
You're Probably a Match If You Have
  • An MSc degree (or expect to obtain one by October 2024) in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field.
  • A strong interest in machine learning, computer vision, or related areas.
  • Good programming skills and familiarity with relevant tools and frameworks.
  • Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
  • The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
About the MLP Research Group
Our group is dedicated to pioneering research in Machine Learning and AI for a variety of applications. With over six members, we have a track record of publishing in prestigious venues and collaborating with industrial and academic partners. We pride ourselves on providing a supportive and stimulating environment where you can thrive and reach your full potential.
A Glimpse of What We Offer
  • Fully Funded Position: Covering tuition fees and a competitive stipend.
  • Research Support: Funding for conference travel and necessary computational materials.
  • Dynamic Location: Based in Udine, a charming city close to the seaside, ski resorts, and cultural hubs like Venice, Austria, Slovenia, and Croatia.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact me at niki.m...@uniud.it for more information.
Applications must be submitted through the official portal as outlined in the call for applications by June 20, 2024, 2 PM Italian time.
Don't miss this opportunity to advance your research career at the University of Udine, where academic excellence meets a quality lifestyle.