[Call for Participation] - AI for People Workshop - Free Online - August 8-9, 2020

Angelo Trotta

Jul 13, 2020, 4:55:19 AM7/13/20
to Machine Learning News

AI for People - Online Free Workshop

August 8-9, 2020

Welcome to the first AI for People Workshop.

Our mission is to learn, pose questions and take initiative on how Artificial Intelligent technology can be used for the social good. As such, we want to share and teach our knowledge with you. The entire workshop is free and anyone is invited to take part. Please visit the website (https://sites.google.com/view/ai-for-people-workshop) to get all the necessary information.

The course is free for everyone, yet we ask you to register in advance. As a non-profit organization all of our work and effort is voluntary. If you like the workshop, we suggest a donation of 15€ for the entire workshop (aiforpeople.org/supporters).
Attendance is limited through the virtual classroom and entry is based on first-registered-first-served, therefore we ask you to register as soon as possible.

This workshop has two basic blocks and four advanced blocks. The basic blocks require little to no programming experience and the advanced blocks are for those of you who want to learn about more advanced techniques in Artificial Intelligence. Guest speaker:
Dr. Ibrahim Haddad, Vice President of Strategic Programs at the Linux Foundation and the Executive Director of the LF AI Foundation.

  • Basic Block I: A hands-on Exercise in Natural Language Processing. (Philipp Wicke, Head of AI Applications at AI for People, Ph.D. student in Artificial Intelligence at UCD, Ireland)
  • Basic Block II: Introduction to AI Ethics. (Marta Ziosi, President and Co-Founder of AI for People)
  • Invited Speaker: Open Source AI Ecosystem. (Dr. Ibrahim Haddad, Vice President of Strategic Programs at the Linux Foundation and the Executive Director of the LF AI Foundation)
  • Advanced Block I: Coding AI. (Kevin Trebing, Master student in Artificial Intelligence at Maastricht University, Netherlands)
  • Advanced Block II: Cultural AI. (Maurice Jones, digital arts curator and STS researcher based in Tokyo, Japan)
  • Advanced Block III: Creative AI. (Gabriele Graffieti, Gabriele Graffieti, Ph.D. student in Data Science and Computation at the University of Bologna, Italy)
  • Advanced Block IV: Continual AI. (Vincenzo Lomonaco, Co-Founder of AI for People and President of ContinualAI, Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Bologna, Italy)