[Meetings] Call for Online Participation - RSS2024 Workshop “Unsolved Problems in Social Robot Navigation”

Allan Wang

Jul 17, 2024, 10:59:08 PM (5 days ago) Jul 17
to Machine Learning News
Dear fellow researchers,

We cordially invite you to join our RSS2024 Workshop “Unsolved Problems in Social Robot Navigation”. Our workshop will be discussion heavy and centered around three themes.
  • Unsolved problems in social navigation
  • Standardizing social navigation algorithms
  • Ultimate goals of social navigation

Our workshop will be in hybrid format. If you are interested in participating online, please put your email address in this google form. Thanks.

Workshop Time:July 19th, 2024. 13:45 pm - 18:00 pm CETSchedule: https://unsolvedsocialnav.org/schedule

Workshop Website:

https://unsolvedsocialnav.org/

Workshop Description:Before unsupervised robots share space with humans in uncontrolled environments, they should navigate socially — without degrading the experiences of humans. Social robot navigation involves unsolved problems in safety, comfort, legibility, politeness, respect for social norms, awareness of other agents, proactivity in resolving problems, and responsiveness to context. With robots starting to emerge in our everyday lives, the study of social navigation has gained significant urgency and popularity. Our workshop is thus a timely forum for researchers in social robot navigation and crowd behavior analysis to discuss algorithmic advancements as well as improvements to evaluation methods used by the community. This half-day event will feature invited expert speakers, poster presentations, and moderated community discussions on unsolved problems in social robot navigation, targeted at robot navigation researchers interested in making progress on this difficult problem.

Invited Speakers:

Noé Pérez-Higueras, Pablo de Olavide University, Spain

Jana Tumova, KTH Royal Institute of Technology

Dražen Brščić, Kyoto University

Rachid Alami, LAAS-CNRS

Henny Admoni, Carnegie Mellon University

Organizers:

Anthony Francis, Logical Robotics

Jorge de Heuvel, University of Bonn

Takayuki Kanda, Kyoto University

Luis J. Manso, Aston University

Claudia Perez D’Arpino, NVIDIA

Satake Satoru, ATR

Phani Teja Singamaneni, LAAS-CNRS

Aaron Steinfeld, Carnegie Mellon University

Nathan Tsoi, Yale University

Marynel Vázquez, Yale University

Allan Wang, Miraikan

Thank you,