Your expertise in computer vision and machine learning can help children to have a better life!

Birkan Tunc

Sep 22, 2021, 3:26:46 PMSep 22
to Machine Learning News
We are a research group at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Center for Autism Research (CAR), and at the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychiatry. We are looking for talented postdocs, research assistants, engineers, and programmers.

Affective and Social Computing Group at CAR includes engineers, computational scientists, hardware developers, and psychologists. We develop novel and cutting-edge technologies and algorithms to quantify human social behavior (e.g., facial expressions, body actions, gestures, language use) within clinically relevant contexts. Our developments translate into publications in well-respected engineering and general science avenues, national and international research grants, and more important, direct improvements in clinical pipelines. We create tools to better understand mental health conditions (e.g., in autism) in children and to assist the development of better treatment strategies. Our main and only priority is to help children.

If you are looking for a very well-paid academic job where you can advance your engineering skill while at the same time do something invaluable for people and children, going beyond pleasing tech and advertisement giants, please apply at https://form.jotform.com/203023641732141

You can find more information at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vBXrn0j2exfg715ppTMGoyN5-NlK_XP5GRjVZj_95nQ/edit?usp=sharing

Birkan Tunc, Ph.D
Center for Autism Research at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Department of Psychiatry at The University of Pennsylvania