[Jobs] open PhD position: Representation Learning for Robot Vision

Pia Bideau

Jun 23, 2024, 9:43:26 AM (6 days ago) Jun 23
to Machine Learning News

To all scientists and scientist to be,

We are looking for highly motivated PhD students joining our team at INRIA Grenoble, who are interested in diving into the area of "Representation Learning for Robot Vision”. This is a 3 year PhD position in the THOTH team, we work on all sorts of representation learning strategies. This project in particular will focus on learning behavioural representations for Robot Vision.

Human-robot systems are challenging because the actions of one agent significantly influences the actions of others. Understanding these interactions and finding the right representation is essential for learning and the anticipation of human behavior. How can we learn interactively a compact representation that allows us to synthesise adaptive robot behavior? In this project, we will focus on estimating human intentions to enable collaborative tasks between humans and robots, such as dynamic handovers between humans and robots.

To apply please upload your documents here: https://jobs.inria.fr/public/classic/fr/offres/2024-07824

The project will take place in close collaboration between Inria team THOTH and the multidisciplinary institute in artificial intelligence (MIAI) in Grenoble. For any further questions feel free to contact pia.b...@inria.fr. The thesis will be jointly supervised by Pia Bideau (THOTH), Karteek Alahari (THOTH) and Xavier Alameda Pineda (RobotLearn).

Best wishes,

Pia

Pia Bideau, PhD
Research Scientist, Inria
Chair for Perception and Interaction of MIAI Grenoble Alpes