[DLI Mentorship Programme] Please sign up as a mentor!

Cyril Akafia

Jun 21, 2024, 11:21:58 PM (8 days ago) Jun 21
to Machine Learning News

Dear ML-News Community,

TL;DR: Please complete this Google Form if you would like to join the Deep Learning Indaba Mentorship Programme as a MENTOR

The Deep Learning Indaba mentorship programme was launched in 2020, and we have successfully completed more than 450 matches to date. We are looking to scale the programme, and as such, we are looking for more mentors to join.

We welcome mentors with diverse skill sets, perspectives, and backgrounds to help us in our mission to grow the African machine learning community The Programme offers mentorship across a wide range of areas - writing research papers/theses, preparing for job/internship interviews, planning careers, giving presentations, developing skill sets, and more. As a mentor, you will be matched with mentees in mentorship areas of your choice for short term transactional mentorship. This entails a 1-hour video call (with possible follow-up by email or a call) and depending on the mentorship areas you select, each video call may involve 1-2 hours of preparation. You will be able to specify your availability and how many mentees you are able to take on each month. To read more about a mentor’s role in each mentorship area, please see our mentor onboarding information.

If you are interested, please fill out this new Google Form.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at: mento...@deeplearningindaba.com or take a look at the website.

Kind regards,

The Deep Learning Indaba Mentorship Team