postdoctoral fellow in machine learning on medical images

Anqi Qiu

Jul 11, 2024, 1:29:20 AM (5 days ago) Jul 11
to ml-...@googlegroups.com

Join Our Dynamic Research Team!

The Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University invites applications for postdoctoral scholars. We are dedicated to pioneering research at the forefront of brain imaging and genetics, leveraging AI technology to analyse large datasets and uncover insights into brain diseases.

Over the years, our lab has spearheaded numerous human studies focused on brain health. With a repository of brain scans, cognitive assessments, genetic profiles, and environmental data from over 60,000 subjects across multiple time points, we are committed to unravelling the complexities of brain diseases.

Why Join Us?

·     Cutting-Edge Facilities: Benefit from our state-of-the-art research centre equipped with high-performance computing resources, including multiple V100 and A100 GPU systems for deep learning, and computing clusters tailored for large-scale data analysis. With access to over 5000T of medical data, spanning medical records, images, and pathology data, you'll have the tools needed to drive impactful research forward.

·     Publication Excellence: Join a team that prides itself on academic excellence. Our laboratory has contributed over 180 papers to esteemed journals such as Nature, Nature Neuroscience, Nature Mental Health, PNAS, Medical Image Analysis, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, and more, showcasing our commitment to advancing knowledge in the field.

·     International Collaboration: Engage with our global network of researchers through our participation in international consortiums. By collaborating with multiple cohorts worldwide, we aim to generate insights that will inform strategies for optimizing brain health across diverse populations.

Position Requirements:

1.   PhD Qualification: Hold a PhD in Data Science, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.

2.   Experience in Machine Learning.

Responsibilities:

1.   Conduct Machine Learning Research: Undertake research activities utilizing both existing and newly collected data, developing advanced analytical techniques to investigate various aspects of aging and neurodegenerative diseases.

2.   Collaborate on International Studies: Engage in collaborative efforts with international partners to contribute to large-scale infant studies, fostering cross-cultural insights and advancing brain research on a global scale.

The position offers a competitive package (up to HKD 558,000 annually) and benefits. We will apply for VISA for applicants.

How to Apply:

Please submit your CV to Professor Qiu Anqi, Global STEM Scholar, an-q...@polyu.edu.hk.