[Job] NUAcT Early-Career Fellowships at Newcastle University

65 просмотров

Chris Oates

не прочитано,
24 мар. 2022 г., 10:13:5224.03.2022
– Machine Learning News
NUAcT Fellow: Data and Digital, Newcastle University

Job ID:  17141 (https://jobs.ncl.ac.uk/job/Newcastle-NUAcT-Fellow-Data-and-Digital/778585501/)

Salary: £42,149 - £44,706 (with progression to £50,296) per annum

Closing Date: *06 April 2022*

The NUAcT scheme aims to find and develop our research leaders of the future. In 2022 we are looking to appoint Fellows in a number of opportunity areas which align closely with our research strengths, complementing our existing teams and bringing fresh perspectives to our challenges.

We are looking for early career researchers with an excellent track record for their career stage and a compelling research proposal. As a NUAcT Fellow, you will have the opportunity to lead your own research programme, build an international reputation, and contribute to multi-disciplinary collaborations across the University and beyond.

We are looking to grow our Data and Digital research in distinctive and innovative ways and welcome candidates from across (and between) all disciplines related to this area.  If your expertise and passion lie in generating and/or using large and complex data sets; digital methodologies; resilience and security; the Digital Humanities; financial technology; data science in biology and the biomedical sciences; the development of, and citizen engagement with, digital technologies; policy for the digital environment; or the challenges of digitalisation and democracy; we'd love to hear from you.

This is a fixed term role for a duration of 5 years.

A competitive start-up package will be offered:
- Initial fixed-term appointment for five years (or five years full-time equivalent if working part-time) with progression to an open-ended contract subject to successful review.
- Research expenses up to £50k, subject to research programme needs and partner organisation.
- Funding for a 3-year PhD student (UKRI rate for Fee and Stipend, Home (UK) level) associated with the research.
- Dedicated mentors with extensive research expertise and significant project management experience.
- The opportunity to join and participate in our world-class interdisciplinary research centres.
- Extensive training opportunities including a bespoke personal development plan.
- Peer support from a cross disciplinary cohort of talented early career researchers.

It is anticipated that you will move to an open-ended contract at the end of your fixed-term period, subject to successful review against the above criteria.

For informal enquiries please contact the NUAcT Team: nuact...@ncl.ac.uk.  For enquiries related to positions in Statistics, please contact Prof Chris Oates (chris...@ncl.ac.uk), and for enquiries related to positions in Biostatistics, please contact Prof James Wason (james...@ncl.ac.uk).

Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать
0 новых сообщений