[jobs] Postdoctoral Scholarship position in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Document Analysis in Luleå Sweden

Elisa Barney

Jun 28, 2024, 10:59:28 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to Machine Learning News
Postdoctoral Scholarship position in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Document Analysis in Luleå Sweden

The Machine Learning Research subject at LTU has an open scholarship position available in the area of Machine Learning and Computer Vision with a focus on Document Analysis. We offer state-of-the-art resources for performing research and a good academic network in Sweden and abroad. The Post-Doc Scholarship is for two years, and is for work in Luleå Sweden.

The postdoctoral researcher will work with Professor Elisa Barney on computer vision research to use Machine learning and Image Processing on historical documents. Potential techniques include unsupervised learning, one-shot learning and quick system adaptation.  Document comparison and retrieval are also topics of interest. The Post-Doc should furthermore strongly participate in acquisition of future projects, which could lead to an extension of the position.

QUALIFICATIONS

To qualify for a position as a postdoctoral research fellow on scholarship, you must have a PhD or equivalent in the fields of computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering, although a researcher from the humanities with a strong technical background would be considered. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate capable of conducting state-of-the-art research as demonstrated through a record of peer reviewed publications. We expect candidates to have a good knowledge of English both in speech and writing and have the capacity to work independently as well as in teams. As LTU is very strong in application-oriented research, industrial experience is very welcome. The Machine Learning group is very diverse and welcomes diverse applicants.

APPLICATION

We prefer that you apply for this position through the web link below. The application must include a CV and a personal letter stating topics you propose to work on including how they fit in with current research in the ML group and of Professor Elisa Barney in particular, and how you view the role of a postdoctoral researcher as part of a research team. Also include copies of verified diplomas from universities. Your application, including diplomas, must be written in English. Mark your application with the reference number below.

INFORMATION

For further information, please contact: Professor Elisa Barney, elisa....@ltu.se

Applicants will be reviewed as they come in. Final day to apply: 2024-09-15

Reference number: 1811-2024

Apply: https://bit.ly/4eauhGG