local-unbound

LuMiWa

Jun 7, 2024, 5:44:44 PMJun 7
to FreeBSD Questions
Hi!

I am using unbound from ports for recursive caching DNS, TCP port 853.
For my need will be local-unbound more than enough and I like avoid
applications if I included in the system.
I didn't find so much settings for local-unbound and my question is
what to put in /etc/rc.conf?
Now I have:
unbound_enable="YES"
unbound_anchorflags="-4"
Are those settings enough for local-unbound, please.

Thank you.

--
"Stupidity is a gift of the nature but it is not necessary to
emphasize!"

Edward Sanford Sutton, III

Jun 7, 2024, 6:05:44 PMJun 7
to ques...@freebsd.org
On 6/7/24 14:44, LuMiWa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am using unbound from ports for recursive caching DNS, TCP port 853.
> For my need will be local-unbound more than enough and I like avoid
> applications if I included in the system.
> I didn't find so much settings for local-unbound and my question is
> what to put in /etc/rc.conf?
> Now I have:
> unbound_enable="YES"
> unbound_anchorflags="-4"
> Are those settings enough for local-unbound, please.

local_unbound_enable="YES"
I'm not seeing that anchor variable present or a different one to use
after looking at /etc/rc.d/local_unbound.

> Thank you.

Steven Friedrich

Jun 7, 2024, 7:30:06 PMJun 7
to ques...@freebsd.org

grep unbound /etc/defaults/rc.conf
local_unbound_enable="NO"       # Local caching DNS resolver
local_unbound_tls="NO"          # Use DNS over TLS

John Levine

Jun 8, 2024, 6:24:55 AMJun 8
to freebsd-...@freebsd.org, mirr...@hotmail.com
It appears that Edward Sanford Sutton, III <mirr...@hotmail.com> said:
>On 6/7/24 14:44, LuMiWa wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am using unbound from ports for recursive caching DNS, TCP port 853.
>> For my need will be local-unbound more than enough and I like avoid
>> applications if I included in the system.
>> I didn't find so much settings for local-unbound and my question is

Look at /etc/rc.d/local_unbound to see what the rc settings are:

: ${local_unbound_workdir:=/var/unbound}
: ${local_unbound_config:=${local_unbound_workdir}/unbound.conf}
: ${local_unbound_flags:="-c ${local_unbound_config}"}
: ${local_unbound_forwardconf:=${local_unbound_workdir}/forward.conf}
: ${local_unbound_controlconf:=${local_unbound_workdir}/control.conf}
: ${local_unbound_anchor:=${local_unbound_workdir}/root.key}
: ${local_unbound_forwarders:=}
: ${local_unbound_tls:=}
: ${local_unbound_pidfile:=${pidfile}}

If you're wondering what they do, look at the script. It's not very long.

LuMiWa

Jun 9, 2024, 3:21:30 PMJun 9
to ques...@freebsd.org
Thank you very much for help but I have still some problems and I am
decided to stay with unbound from ports which works.