FreeBSD and Kubernetes

Katherine Mcmillan

Jun 16, 2024, 11:50:49 PM (13 days ago) Jun 16
to ques...@freebsd.org
Hello all,

I am wondering which mailing list is the best one for discussing FreeBSD and Kubernetes?

Thank you,
Katie

Matthew Seaman

Jun 17, 2024, 3:04:09 AM (13 days ago) Jun 17
to ques...@freebsd.org
On 17/06/2024 04:50, Katherine Mcmillan wrote:
> I am wondering which mailing list is the best one for discussing FreeBSD and Kubernetes?

This is probably the best list to start with. Up to now, there hasn't
been much K8S activity around FreeBSD due to the lack of support for
Docker. However recent work on podman and the decoupling of K8S from
Docker as the container management system means that could be changing.

Cheers,

Matthew

Mario Marietto

Jun 17, 2024, 5:57:15 AM (13 days ago) Jun 17
to Matthew Seaman, ques...@freebsd.org
I'm using a couple of hidden qemu virtual machines with 1GB of memory based on Debian to add some functionality that FreeBSD can't have by itself,like the usage of ClouFlare warp as dns server so that FreeBSD can be always protected and another vm with a proxy server based on another IP number when I need to visit some specific sites that block CloudFlare. I don't use Docker,but If I used it,I will create another hidden Debian qemu /or bhyve/ vm to have the docker engine always available.
--
Mario.