FreeBSD: Selecting Relevant mc File

Tim Daneliuk

Jun 10, 2024, 6:20:49 PMJun 10
to FreeBSD Mailing List
Just for my own clarity ...

Running 13.3-Stable as of the first of this month.

Is the use of this stanza in /etc/make.conf now deprecated:

SENDMAIL_MC= /etc/mail/my.fine.server.com.mc

In favor of just having the files in /etc/mail just named
as:

my.fine.server.com.mc
my.fine.server.com.submit.mc

I used to have to set the make.conf stanza as above, but I
noticed today that I'd commented it out in the past, but
that all of my config files are named as above.

I'm inferring that sticking the hostname in front of the canonical
config file name will cause makefile to pickup the correct thing ...
so the makefile entry is no longer needed unless I want to override
default behavior.

Is that correct?

While I'm at it, and in a related vein, say I have this in my mc
file:

define(`SMART_HOST', `very.smart.host.com')dnl
FEATURE(`authinfo')dnl

And the file "authoinfo" contains the plain text credentials for
very.smart.host.com, will the makefile pick up changes to that file
and automatically create hashed entries in authinfo.db, or do I have to
do that manually?

TIA,