DOWNLOAD (550D, 60D, 600D, 500D and 50D):
* As you know, 500D joined the unified tree a few days ago. For more
details, check Coutts' messages here http://bit.ly/ml-500d-alpha and
here http://bit.ly/ml-oct26-t1i .
- Since the source code is unified, all other cameras now benefit from
his fixes (of course, as long as they are in the common section).
- For 500D, it should be 99% identical to the one posted by Coutts
(only a few minor adjustments were made, but not tested).
* Important change in audio meters:
- they are red over -3 dB, yellow over -12 dB, and green over -25 dB.
Let me know if those numbers make sense.
- they no longer display average level, but a decayed peak level, it's
much more accurate IMO.
- I'm not an expert in audio, so if you have dedicated equipment,
please test it and report the results.
- fixed ERR80 which could appear when turning display off and then
holding the shutter pressed halfway
- when you cover the LCD sensor, timeouts will drop to 3 seconds (550D/500D)
* Bulb exposure:
- fixed bulb timer/ramping on 600D (I can't believe only one user
tried it since August; according to the user who reported the problem,
it was only working in July version)
- bulb ramping now obeys Auto ISO limit from Canon menu (recommended
setting is 6400, otherwise it will be forced to underexpose)
- calibration should be more robust regarding tricky scenes
- delays used when computing exposure for next shot are much smaller now
* Other changes:
- red cross notification enabled by default [!]
- bracketing can be cancelled by turning the mode dial or by opening the menu
- silent timelapse with powersaving should no longer result in
corrupted images (I couldn't reproduce the crash though)
- ISO on HDMI should work now (not tested)
- changed audio trigger formula (should react a bit faster)
- 50D contains some screen layout changes from 500D (not tested, but
their screen layouts are similar)
Side note: I've noticed a little slowdown (around 1 second) when
loading the big autoexec for all cameras with the class2 card
(compared to the smaller autoexec for a single camera). No slowdown at
all with the class10 card. This only happens at the first LED blink
(after that, only the part specific to your camera part is kept in
memory, the rest is discarded).
10 days ago, I wrote:
600d: hopefully fixed issue 688 (problem with rode videomic) - not
tested, let me know if it works
No reply received.
Also here: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/688/600d-disp-profile-issue-with-hotshoe
Again, no feedback received.
> audio not working 600d
This comment does not help me at all in locating/fixing the problem.
I'm sorry, but I can't continue supporting the 600D without having a
camera for testing.
> To post to this group, send email to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to ml-devel+u...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ml-devel?hl=en
A little update, I've tested again ML with the new build with Easy/Advanced menu and some problems are already solved, like the Ghost Image flickering and the Flashlight problem in LiveView.-Magic Zoom flickerin video: http://youtu.be/xq32Zs_ZtiM I think that this issue is already known.
Thanks Scrax, I'll take a look at the reports.
Focus peak: I'll send you test builds where you will be able to align it from menu. If I remember well, 600D crops the image in movie mode a bit.
Ghost image: it flickered on first test, but not on subsequent tests. Need to test more.
Defish: fixed, but probably broken in 500D now.
799: I'll try to reproduce here
800: confirmed (on other cameras, calibration is much faster so it doesn't happen).
Scrollwheel is not reliable with all items (it just presses SET and PLAY). After implementing menu with submenus, it will be.
In 720p you should have a warning for magic zoom.
DOF makes no sense in movie mode.
Here's today's bleeding edge (with some significant changes, so be careful, there may be problems):
- On 60D I was able to enable wheel navigation in ML menu in LiveView
- In movie mode, photo functions are hidden from ML menu; same for photo mode.
- Special menu for PLAY mode (press MENU to enable it)
- Enabled scrollwheel in 550D's LiveView (yesterday this was only working on 60D)
- SET+scrollwheel changes values in ML menu
- Reworked menu event handler and fixed issue 799
- Fixed waveform accuracy on external monitors (from Ash's video)
- Fixed some small issues (800, 803)
- Disabled startup logo (it seems to create problems with some monitors, not 100% sure yet)
- On HDMI-VGA, ML menu is only resized in 16:9 and 16:10 screen layouts
- A few minor adjustments (see the changeset history for more details)
... and an easter egg at "Don't click me", in 550D only (try it in photo mode). This time, the 550D will be transformed into a 10000 yuan camera :)
The new menu event handler was not tested yet on other cameras. For users of 600D/500D/50D, please check:
- menu navigation (wheel should work in photo mode, but it's not enabled in LiveView)
- when you press SET, menu items should turn green; when you de-press SET, menu items should turn blue
- half-shutter should close ML menu
- erase button (or picturestyle on 50D) should close ML menu
- check menu navigation in the following modes: photo, LiveView, movie standby and recording
- camera should not crash if recording stops due to buffer overflow with ML menu active