Need help very badly on my 50D

Neil Camara

Jul 18, 2012, 1:13:44 AM7/18/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Few minutes ago, I installed Canon firmware 1.0.9 on my Canon 50D. Installation was successful. After reboot, my camera won't turn on. The battery is fully charged. In order to get it to work, I will have to remove the CF card. However, the camera doesn't work properly anymore. How can I downgrade back to 1.0.8 if the behavior is like this? Why did Canon provide a bad firmware? I've seen other issues similar to mine. :(

How can I fix this? :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Neil

Alex

Jul 18, 2012, 1:44:56 AM7/18/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Do you have the bootflag enabled and no autoexec.bin on the card?
> --
> --
> http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

Neil Camara

Jul 18, 2012, 2:32:57 AM7/18/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have autoexec.bin. My ML boots up when I turn on my 50D. How do I check the bootflag?

Alex

Jul 18, 2012, 2:34:17 AM7/18/12
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Use EOSCard (or MacBoot).

Since ML loads, where's the issue?

On Jul 18, 9:32 am, Neil Camara <onie.cam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I have autoexec.bin. My ML boots up when I turn on my 50D. How do I
> check the bootflag?
>

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Alex <broscutama...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you have the bootflag enabled and no autoexec.bin on the card?
>
> > On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Neil Camara <onie.cam...@gmail.com>

Neil Camara

Jul 18, 2012, 2:40:30 AM7/18/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
I think the issue is that firmware 1.0.9 modifies the transfer rate access of cf cards. I'm thinking that once I reformat these CF cards that currently has the old ML version, I should be able to use it again.

I have an old 128mb that I reformated in Windows then in 50D. I was able to install ML 2.3 successfully.

Neil Camara

Jul 18, 2012, 8:36:29 AM7/18/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

How do I use EosCard? I ran it and it sees my CF card. It is showing

Both the below are checked.
EOS_DEVELOP and BOOTDISK

Neil Camara

Jul 18, 2012, 8:44:12 AM7/18/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
I got it working Alex. I found this tutorial :)

http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/File:EOSCard_Tutorial